• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Well made "burnished" tan/brown shoes.

bharnett

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm in the market for a new pair of brown shoes and I saw these and loved them:

http://www.parkandbond.com/product/83862299

I'm really about the color, but I like the brogueing too. However, I've seen that TBNY aren't that great, especially at this price. I usually wear British shoes, but I'm having a hard time finding this cool color in shoes that aren't crap or over-priced.

I'd like to spend around 400 or less, so any recommendations would be great. I checked Allen Edmonds and they have something similiar, so I might just go with that. However, any recommendations (in the price range please!) would be very welcome!

Thanks guys!

B

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check out the Cheaney Imperial Collection at Robinson Shoes and Solele Shoes websites.

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the look of those TBNY shoes you linked but I'm not sure how well they will hold up over time.

You should check out the RL Sandersons. They just had a sale for ~ $270 + tax but you might be able to grab a pair from someone else on these forums. They are made by AE but to a higher standard w/ better leather, different last, better finish, double soles.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...RLGoogle+Shopping&utm_campaign=Product+Search

zerostyle

Reaction score
Bumping this thread-

I'm also on the hunt for the perfect pair of casual/dressy shoes for wear with jeans.

Trying to find a more worn look (burnishing, etc) in a classic shoe. I really like those RL Sandersons - I wonder if I can find them for $270 again or on here.

Any other shoes that people would recommend for wear with jeans that look less formal?

Here are my requirements:
- Prefer a darker brown so they don't draw too much attention (for example, the AE Strands in walnut are just too showy to me)
- Want something with some kind of burnishing/distressing/waxiness so they'll look more appropriate with jeans.
- Should be well built
- Under $300

Any ideas?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads