• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
f21d596d.jpg

Panta
GG/RLPL

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you guys mind if I asked for some help in here? Starting shoe collection, etc. Some of the major posters in here seem to reflect my preference, is all.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Would you guys mind if I asked for some help in here? Starting shoe collection, etc. Some of the major posters in here seem to reflect my preference, is all.

go for it.

edit - nvm, i thought you would ask already. im passed out

Last edited:

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
go for it.
edit - nvm, i thought you would ask already. im passed out

I'm in Australia, so I'm suspecting our timezones are quite different. It'll be here when you get up, I'm sure.

I'm a student in Australia at the moment, recently getting involved in shoes and the like, so I'm slowly building a collection. I work as a teacher in Design and Technology (Shop class to Americans, teaching woodwork, metalwork, welding, etc.). Being a student I'm on a pretty meager budget, so as much as I'd like to just buy copies of whatever I see here, I think I'll find it hard to scrape up the cash. I was hoping all of you might be able to recommend some more affordable solutions for me, in makers or specific shoes, if you like. I'm happy to go to around $200-250 AUD a pair, which is around $275 USD/150 GBP/175 EUR. Only problem is I'm a wide fitting, a G or E/EE, which makes the search a bit harder. I'll eat shipping on top of that. I find my tastes lean towards a chisel toed shoe, or one with a dull point, I'll get a few links going to make myself clear.

etc, etc. I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this. I'd be grateful for any help you all may be able to shed on the subject, if not, I shall continue my search.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

etc, etc. I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this. I'd be grateful for any help you all may be able to shed on the subject, if not, I shall continue my search.

Most of those I own (and the middle two are me) - the C&J Westbournes you can find in your range if you are patient on eBay or B&S, surely. The G&G wigmores and Carminas, can't help you with those though! :)

Bond77

Reaction score
Friday's pair...Ferragamo Resort Gusset Loafers in brown calf. My go-to slip ons when I'm in a hurry. Scored these and a pair in black from B&S a few months ago.

Today's pair...vintage black (maybe faux) alligator or crocodile split toes by some brand called Artmex. Got these off eBay last week for a song. Not sure if they're real or embossed.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Most of those I own (and the middle two are me) - the C&J Westbournes you can find in your range if you are patient on eBay or B&S, surely. The G&G wigmores and Carminas, can't help you with those though! :)

Spoo: is there a specific distributor that sells the G&G Wigmore with the pebble shaft? When I do a search all I find are suede...

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6852081088_92ae1094df.jpg
Church's for Jil Sander (Not bad for being almost 7 years old)

Last edited:

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's pair...vintage black (maybe faux) alligator or crocodile split toes by some brand called Artmex. Got these off eBay last week for a song. Not sure if they're real or embossed.

[/quote]

Made in Mexico and they are they are real

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads