• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Waxed canvas bag

byte

Reaction score
I've been searching around extensively and I was wondering if I could get the input from the fine patrons in this forum. I know this has been done to death.

I'm looking for a waxed cotton bag. My first thought was the Filson original briefcase, but I'm not very happy with the color selection, and feel that while it might be a nice bag for class (giving off that yuppie vibe) it might not be a great bag to have out on the mean streets.

I was referred to the Archival Clothing field bag and so far it's my favorite bag. However, it seems slightly bulkier than I need and is quite expensive for my budget.

It's younger cousin, the Archive Flap Musette looks a bit smaller and is definitely cheaper. So far it's looking to be my best choice. I'm just not sure what can be expected on the quality of the closure or the bag itself.

Are there any other bags I should check out? I really need something with a strap for when I bike (which is frequently) but if it has handles and a removable strap that would be great too.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads