• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wash the jeans

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score

kbuzz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Souper
Gordon washed a pair of samurais every 2 weeks with a tumble dry included and after 6 months still had contrast, combs and whiskers, and pretty sick general fading all around.

How long did he wear them before the first wash? I think that is important here

theshonen8899

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Ummm...you don't read much of the streetwear forum, do you? BTW, I have a couple of pairs that haven't been washed in almost 2 years. I bought them when I started law school, and I'll wash them when I pass the bar exam.
No sir, you don't read much of the streetwear forum. Berlin is right, wash your jeans when they're dirty.
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
gross
He has like 50 jeans. They'll probably never need to be washed.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lolvvvv

ps. lol

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen phenomenal results from both washing, and not washing jeans. For some reason both approaches seem to work.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Except one smells better than the other
laugh.gif

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're conscious about the dirtiness, you could dry clean them instead of washing to reduce fading (preferably at a green dry cleaning establishment), although if the jeans have a leather patch you might want to avoid this cuz it could have bad results.

Otherwise, if you do the no wash deal and they get funky hit 'em with some Febreze.

Or you could get one of those waterless washing machines that clean with negatively charged ions, or something like that. Yet to see anyone do that though.

dude12321

Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
Or you could get one of those waterless washing machines that clean with negatively charged ions, or something like that. Yet to see anyone do that though.

wouldnt it be cheaper just to buy new jeans and throw old ones away than to buy a washing machine that washes with ions? lol

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Ummm...you don't read much of the streetwear forum, do you?

BTW, I have a couple of pairs that haven't been washed in almost 2 years. I bought them when I started law school, and I'll wash them when I pass the bar exam.

If it takes you fourteen tries they're going to have some wicked fades.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lolvvvv

ps. lol

watt lol?

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think just about any generic "how do I take care of my jeans" question has been asked here... except of course for the infamous SuFu "Man-Stain" post

Wash them if you think they smell. I've got acnes and nudies that are 5 months old that haven't been washed because they don't smell. If you do wash, cold water only and turn them inside out.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by theshonen8899
No sir, you don't read much of the streetwear forum.

Berlin is right, wash your jeans when they're dirty.

If you just wash your jeans whenever they get dirty, i.e. every 3-5 wears, you'll just end up with an overall faded pair of jeans. If that's what you're looking for, go for it.

Originally Posted by lawyerdad
If it takes you fourteen tries they're going to have some wicked fades.

If it takes 14 tries, so be it.
smile.gif
I'll be the stinkiest dude in the room, that's for sure.

theshonen8899

Reaction score
Well it depends on what you mean by dirty.
I washed my jeans for the first time after my friend threw a cupcake at them.
I'll probably wash them again once I can actually smell what's growing in them...

...or when someone throws another cupcake at me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads