• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Hah, Everyday Shooter is such an amazing game. Aside from the captivating design, the music integration, the unlockables and the sheer challenge of it.. knowing how much fun I've had playing it I would pay triple the price they charge for it.

Jon, have you checked out Mirror's Edge? Just unveiled, and I must say it looks pretty promising. Looks serene and exhilarating. http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/18706

Yeah, I was really impressed, especially coming from the UE3. DICE has the pedigree so hopefully it turns out to be well-rounded.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
How about Boom Blox? Messed with that yet? I've heard nothing but rave reviews about it.

laugh.gif
I was going to ask you about that but forgot. No, I have to go buy it and haven't gotten around to it yet but even the most staunch graphic whores I know are saying it's incredible, especially the multiplayer. I want.

thetieguy

Reaction score
Is anyone here going to get Wii Fit? I think it looks pretty awesome. It is no replacement for exercise, but should be fun and keep me amused for a while.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
has anyone bought the wii wheel for the new mario kart? Is it worth buying a wii for?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Denimbar
has anyone bought the wii wheel for the new mario kart? Is it worth buying a wii for?

Mario kart is a TON of fun to play with friends. If you'd be playing it alone all the time, then it's probably not worth it, even though you could play people online. If you've got $300, why not? It's pretty fun having a Wii and hopefully there'll be some great games coming out this year.

tieguy-- I'm planning on getting it, partially just b/c it's got so much buzz around it. It looks like it'll be fun.

yerfdog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Denimbar

Mario Kart Wii comes with a wheel, but you don't need it to play. It is a little more intuitive to play with the wheel than with just the regular wiimote/nunchuk setup, but it is sort of the wrong size for my average adult male hands.

I just got it the other day, it's pretty fun. If you know other people that have it, playing online with people you know might be almost as fun as playing in the same room. I haven't done that yet, but I've played against strangers online, and the online experience is really smooth.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, dusty, Brian and anyone else that may be familiar with him: what do you guys think of "tim rogers"?

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
His essay on MGS2, in spite its many flaws and abundant postmodern wankery, remains one of my favorite gaming "journalism" pieces.

FFDog is still my favorite piece of gaming journalism ever.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
Hey, dusty, Brian and anyone else that may be familiar with him: what do you guys think of "tim rogers"?
I've only read his reviews of Earthbound and MGS2. He's insightful, but he's very prone to grandiloquence in his writing. The bottom line is I'm glad people like him are writing about games, even though the maturity of the criticism somewhat outpaces the maturity of the art form.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is TF2 going for everyone since the Medic update?

I'm not working toward the achievements since I hardly ever play medic. I cant wait to see what they have in store for Engineer!

Brian SD

Reaction score
I haven't read anything by Tim Rogers yet. He wrote something about MGS2? I'll definitely look that up.

My GTA4 STILL hasn't arrived yet (how ******* long can it take to get from Hong Kong to Korea?). I'm pissed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads