• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viberg Italian horsehide derby boot 3 month wear review

jameslarabie

Reaction score
These are my first pair of viberg boots that I have owned. I have also owned wolverine and Redwing boots in the past and can say that these vibergs surpass the others in every way. First off, the horsehide on these is top notch. I was use to oil tanned leathers and Cordovan in the past so this was a big change for me. It has a rolling characteristic and creases very tightly rather then big vein creases you get on most oil tan leather. It's also very durable and does not scratch easily. These are kip leather lined and feature a leather insole with arch support. French binding covers the edges of the lace supports giving the boot a nice tidy and finished look. In the box you will get a pair of round waxed laces which are of high quality and a bottle of Venetian shoe cream. The boot also features brass eyelets, a stacked leather sole and danite outsole. The boot is Goodyear stitched with an addition of a nailed heel. These are very comfortable almost right away, I had a little discomfort at my Achilles tendon where the stitching would rub however that went away rather quickly. They are my most comfortable shoes I own aside from my Adidas pureboost. To condition the leather I was given a free bottle of Venetian shoe cream which is recommended by many. I used it at first but was not a huge fan of the waxy feeling it left on the leather so I got some viberg hevy duty leather preservative that's made with all natural materials and leaves the leather with a more natural feel.

That concludes my 3 month wear review. They do not make the derby boot in Italian horsehide anymore however they do have other leathers available in the derby boot line up.
20180822_152425.jpeg
20180822_152456.jpeg
20180822_152436.jpeg
20180822_152723.jpeg
20180822_152716.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads