• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IF anyone is down for a group buy of this boondocker minus the speedhooks I'm in!.

Boon docker
  • 110 or 2045 Last
  • Commando Sole
  • Brass Eyelets
  • White Thread
  • Natural Midsole
  • Unstructured Toe
  • Pull tab (loop
  • Wax Flesh

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All boots get that upturned look with wear unless you tree them. That's what nearly all the "distressed" boots have that look. When you get them, they will have a gentle curve in the sole, like all boots, but the upturn just naturally comes since your foot moves that way when you walk. This is not unique to Viberg, the last, etc...

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
All boots get that upturned look with wear unless you tree them. That's what nearly all the "distressed" boots have that look. When you get them, they will have a gentle curve in the sole, like all boots, but the upturn just naturally comes since your foot moves that way when you walk. This is not unique to Viberg, the last, etc...
I don't mean the gentle curve in the sole---I mean the upturned toe box in something like this:

I wasn't sure if that was from the toe being structured (of course it helps). I haven't been able to find any pictures of the 2045 last with an unstructured toe box.

Last edited:

rolling green

Reaction score
I'm in. Preferably for the 110 but will probably cave for the 2045. Does anyone have pics or info on the 2045. My experience with te 110 on a service boot style is good. Not rounded at all as seen from some chukka styles.
Before purchasing the original viberg boondockers I was close to going the MTO route as I was skeptical of the 110 but Morgan talked me out of it. In his words the "boondocker" is perfect in everyway and viberg has no plans to change it. It's a lot sleeker when combined with the unstructuredtoe.

Last edited:

onehotchili

Reaction score
I love my Alden Trubalance 403's in a size 9D. What last and size would be the equivalent in Viberg? I am not familiar with the 2045 or 110 lasts since I am new to Viberg. Either way, I am very interested in this make up and if I can figure out the size/last thing I think I would be in....

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally really like the 110 last, but that's neither here nor there.

This is one picture of a boot on the 2045 last:

I believe that this is a "partially" structured toe, which means that it has a light structure that can be crumpled, but will spring back.

The 110 last has a similar, slightly more rounded toe, but it has is high through the midfoot, with makes for a more gradual transition to the toe. I think that both lasts would work for the proposed boot, but we do have to agree to one last.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I love my Alden Trubalance 403's in a size 9D.  What last and size would be the equivalent in Viberg?  I am not familiar with the 2045 or 110 lasts since I am new to Viberg.  Either way, I am very interested in this make up and if I can figure out the size/last thing I think I would be in....

2030 and 2045 would be a 9. 110 I am not sure but would guess 8.5

rolling green

Reaction score
Really surprised how narrow the 2045 looks. Fok is it possible to do both the 110 and 2045 if we gather at least 4 people for each last? As far as the true balance 110 comparison I wore a 7.5e in the trubalance last and size 7(uk/viberg) in the 110 last. I don't know if my pinky toe can do the 2045.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Really surprised how narrow the 2045 looks. Fok is it possible to do both the 110 and 2045 if we gather at least 4 people for each last? As far as the true balance 110 comparison I wore a 7.5e in the trubalance last and size 7(uk/viberg) in the 110 last. I don't know if my pinky toe can do the 2045.

I will go with one model to begin with. This from experience in how these things often pan out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads