• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
I posted about this boot a couple of days ago here: Viberg Service Boot in 1071 Rovescio Sego Roughout

The Viberg Service Boot in 1071 Rovescio Sego Roughout is a lovely, enigmatic mood ring of a boot. Someone private messaged me here to ask if this makeup was more gray or more brown. So I asked my wife and son this question -- both of whom have exceptional color acuity -- and they answered simultaneously but oppositely ("more gray" said my wife, "more brown" said my son).

If you check my previous post, you'll see a few indoor shots. Yesterday I shot several more pictures of these boots outside, in direct sunlight and in shade, which hopefully gives a better idea how it color-shifts depending on the lighting.

DSC04761_WEB.jpg

DSC04769_WEB.jpg

DSC04774_WEB.jpg

DSC04779_WEB.jpg

DSC04775_WEB.jpg

DSC04783_WEB.jpg

DSC04771_WEB.jpg

DSC04787_WEB.jpg

I'm a bit obsessed with this pair, and I look forward to seeing the patina this hide develops. And I have no idea what to expect.

Last edited:

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted about this boot a couple of days ago here: Viberg Service Boot in 1071 Rovescio Sego Roughout

The Viberg Service Boot in 1071 Rovescio Sego Roughout is a lovely, enigmatic mood ring of a boot. Someone private messaged me here to ask if this makeup was more gray or more brown. So I asked my wife and son this question -- both of whom have exceptional color acuity -- and they answered simultaneously but oppositely ("more gray" said my wife, "more brown" said my son).

If you check my previous post, you'll see a few indoor shots. Yesterday I shot several more pictures of these boots outside, in direct sunlight and in shade, which hopefully gives a better idea how it color-shifts depending on the lighting.

View attachment 1566322

View attachment 1566321

View attachment 1566324

View attachment 1566325

View attachment 1566328

View attachment 1566327

View attachment 1566320

View attachment 1566329

I'm a bit obsessed with this pair, and I look forward to seeing the patina this hide develops. And I have no idea what to expect.
Wonder if these would lean more brown if it weren't for the gray laces.

Squizzy3k

Reaction score

View attachment 1566322

View attachment 1566321

View attachment 1566324

View attachment 1566325

View attachment 1566328

View attachment 1566327

View attachment 1566320

View attachment 1566329

Love the contrast of the stitching on this color too. Did they come with those laces?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the contrast of the stitching on this color too. Did they come with those laces?
Those look like guarded good's grey rawhides. I've got a set on my parkhurst nighthawk captoes.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
Wonder if these would lean more brown if it weren't for the gray laces.

Probably. It came with flat wax laces. (I think they were black.) I'll try them later.

Those look like guarded good's grey rawhides. I've got a set on my parkhurst nighthawk captoes.
The gray laces in the photo came with them.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve said this before (not sure if this is all of their lace options) but the one pair of rawhide laces I bought from guarded goods are noticeably thinner than viberg’s leather lace.
The ones I've got my 310s from Viberg seem the same as my ones from GG and elsewhere

thewinedown

Reaction score
I’ve said this before (not sure if this is all of their lace options) but the one pair of rawhide laces I bought from guarded goods are noticeably thinner than viberg’s leather lace.
I’ve always heard that Viberg offers the thickest rawhides of about anyone anywhere, so that’s expected. Surely nothing wrong with GG’s though.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20210303_095552.jpg

These don't seem particularly thick, but it could just be my pair. Since this horsebutt is stretched so precariously over the 310 last, they may have stretched the laces too for consistency!
20210303_100136.jpg

The guarded goods ones are squishier if thats the right term?

Last edited:

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1566322

View attachment 1566321

View attachment 1566324

View attachment 1566325

View attachment 1566328

View attachment 1566327

View attachment 1566320

View attachment 1566329

Nice write up ?

I was tempted to get those but purchased the light tan ones instead as I already have the Vitello calf and horsebutt versions. All of my 1071 pairs have the same grey + purple + light brown color combination. I think it's an underrated color for sure.

Last edited:

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Natural bison is up on .com
So they cancelled the natural bison preorder and went with stock. That's a damn shame. That means the color 4 shinki is the only non-shell preorder for 2030D and 2030EE we're getting for a while unless something else comes up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads