• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

emidyl

Reaction score
They sold out during pre-orders, which is why you wouldn't have seen them on the shelves.

They're apparently going to do another run of them in the new year, targeted for March. I don't know who mentioned that, and I see no indication of such on the website. Ask Jonathan if interested?
yep will do, down there like once every couple weeks to say hi.
He's Jays obsessed right now. He attended that crazy rangers game 5 last week.

zola

Reaction score
They sold out during pre-orders, which is why you wouldn't have seen them on the shelves.

They're apparently going to do another run of them in the new year, targeted for March. I don't know who mentioned that, and I see no indication of such on the website. Ask Jonathan if interested?

I really want that olive nubuck boot Lost & Found has, but I cannot justify another pair of Vibergs for the foreseeable future. Other purchasing priorities + I really want to try out Truman first + I currently have this weird propensity to own only one piece of footwear from each brand I'm interested in. They do continue to tempt me though...
I have the natty cxl service boots from L&F and love them. They darken quite a bit over time. I talked to Jonathan about the nubuk when they were in the process of building/designing it. I suggested not to choose the commando sole and go for something sleeker as dianite or leather.. From the pictures it looks unbalanced to me (as I thought so). What was your impression?
c

Last edited:

zola

Reaction score

I really want that olive nubuck boot Lost & Found has, but I cannot justify another pair of Vibergs for the foreseeable future. Other purchasing priorities + I really want to try out Truman first + I currently have this weird propensity to own only one piece of footwear from each brand I'm interested in. They do continue to tempt me though...
I have the natty cxl service boots from L&F and love them. They darken quite a bit over time. I talked to Jonathan about the nubuk when they were in the process of building/designing it. I suggested not to choose the commando sole and go for something sleeker as dianite or leather.. From the pictures it looks unbalanced to me (as I thought so). What was your impression?

Aviv

Reaction score
Anyone here pic up the tan bison boots? I'd love to see some pics to hold me over until mine arrive.

gsgleason

Reaction score
I'm having second thoughts about my sizing decision on the most recent round of GTMO.

I ordered the aged bark chukka in in a size 11 as I read that it's significantly larger than other lasts.

For comparison, an 11.5 on 2030 is good length wise but the toe box is a bit narrow. I barely fit into it.

11.5 on 1035 is absolutely perfect.

On Alden, I need either an 11, 11.5 or 12 on Barrie, depending on the construction and material.

Do you think I should have ordered an 11.5 instead on the 110 last? If so, is it too late to change it?

I went down .5 for the 110, though I have tried sizing before from Barneys. 2030 in 110 size is too narrow and too tight in instep. 100 half size down is comfortable for instep and slightly snug for width

You went half size down for 110 from what?

Last edited:

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Would love to see more pics of the Garage Boot, especially in sun so as to get as sense of that brown oil tan leather...

With regard to the Half-Japanese, I think the thing I like best is the sole and heel.  It's intrinsically a great combo, heavy and boot-like, but the execution by Viberg is really something.  Notice the way they dovetail the half-sole so well into the second layer of the midsole. And both the midsole and the heel stack are super tight (unlike so many White's), but are not overly polished.

Now, I hate to even think it... BUT, there is a possibility I may have to let mine go...  I know, I know, it's killing me. For me it's a matter of fit and feel.  I've got weird feet I have come to realize, and with everything but White's it seems I need a real arch-support insole.  I have only had a chance to try these on briefly, but am a bit worried that with the insole they may be too tight.  I've got a couple more things to try, but for anyone who's a 9.5 and missed out, it may work to your advantage.  Oof.

Man that stinks.

Can't you cut off the toe or forefoot portion of the insole beyond the arch support?

Or maybe a bootmaker could stretch up the toe portion a bit?

Just throwing McGuyver ideas out there.

Side by side, the Garage boots are a much darker brown. I'm hoping that the fat waxed isn't the same as it will be close.

grizzlygiant

Reaction score
I was of the same mindset and then I saw someone from GYW posted these photos. I instantly changed my mind on the commando sole and thought it suited them quite well. Better than in the product shots. I wish they were slightly darker and slightly more olive and I'd instacop.... now I just stare at them daily trying to make a decision.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Man that stinks.

Can't you cut off the toe or forefoot portion of the insole beyond the arch support?

Or maybe a bootmaker could stretch up the toe portion a bit?

Yeah, I'm going to try a few more options. Not done yet..

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Usual warning... the half size down from 2030 to 110 works for *some* feet.

I'm a 10 D Barrie and the 2030 is so low-volume that I can only wear thin socks in them.

The 110 was fine for volume at 9 1/2 because it's wider and higher volume. However it came up very tight in the vamp and heel. Lengthwise my big toe was almost hitting, as well.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I'm going to try a few more options. Not done yet..

Oh good.

Anyone else here besides myself order the Garage and the fat waxed boot?

I just got the f.w. and it is really sweet. Besides the stitching color, they are nearly identical in color and class as the garage boots.

I'm wondering if the 2 pairs are redundant. Same color, same tankiness, can handle the same abuse.

Thoughts?

blahspam

Reaction score
Quote:
I was concerned with the fit of the half japanese fit at first... added a pair of these and now I'm all
inlove.gif

Dugafola

Reaction score
Oh good.

Anyone else here besides myself order the Garage and the fat waxed boot?

I just got the f.w. and it is really sweet. Besides the stitching color, they are nearly identical in color and class as the garage boots.

I'm wondering if the 2 pairs are redundant. Same color, same tankiness, can handle the same abuse.

Thoughts?

IMO, redundant.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads