Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. brandall10

brandall10 Senior member

Thanks. Though I'm not sure if I'd kick those navys out of bed for these - those have have seriously swag. :slayer:

2. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Senior member

Those brandy's are definitely one of the most beautiful boots on the planet.

3. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

4. Skell6009

Skell6009 Senior member

5. climbinglife

climbinglife Senior member

Can anyone who has the Viberg Hiker talk about sizing differences with the other lines Viberg offers. When I bought my MTO Service boots in the 310 last, I went with my US sizing which is a 7, or 7.5UK. I realized I could have went down a 1/2 size definitely, but not sure about a full size down. My question is do the Hikers roughly fit the same or should I go up or down 1/2 size?

6. zielschuss

zielschuss Well-Known Member

Good looking boot, but has anyone else noticed that the toe caps on the recent shell service boots (Leffot's color 8 and this one; I can't remember noticing on the navy) have been a bit shorter than usual? Here's an older color 8 version with more normal looking caps:

[​IMG]

It seems to me the old caps covered about 2/3 of the vamp between the end of toe and the quarters. On the newer ones it only covers a little less than half the same space. I think it throws the proportions off a bit

7. Understatesman

Understatesman Senior member

I thought the same when I first saw the pics. It immediately jumped out at me. I attributed it to the OP wearing a size 7, so maybe proportions were thrown off because of the smaller size? Crazy logic, I know.

Either way, they kind of reminded me a bit of the little baby boots Viberg has posted a couple of times on their Instagram. "Awww, cute little boots," I first thought.

8. jhuetsch

jhuetsch Well-Known Member

Sizing question: If I fit snugly into Alden Barrie last size 8.5, wearing thinnish socks, what size would you recommend for the 2030 last if I were planning to wear with thicker boot socks?

Thanks for the help!

9. Diabolical

Diabolical Senior member

I wear 8.5 in barrie with dress socks and I wear the 2030 quite comfortable with medium weight wool socks.

10. jhuetsch

jhuetsch Well-Known Member

In the same size, i.e. 2030 8.5? Thanks!

11. brandall10

brandall10 Senior member

Agreed - this is something I've also noticed over the past half year or so, it seems like a stylistic decision Viberg has taken on partially structured toe-boxes (which I think is what people are really seeing when they say a partial structured toe is less sleek).

My theory is if you notice the structure in the toe cap it's way short of the toe cap itself, so Viberg is likely trying to match that better. Why not create larger structured piece? Perhaps it gets in the way of fit... maybe Guy can jump in.

12. brandall10

brandall10 Senior member

Yep, same here. I'm an 8d in Barrie with regular athletic socks, an 8.5c in dress socks (LWB), and an 8 on the 2030 with thick shocks. I already tried a 7.5 in a 2030 and while roomy in places it was just too short. My foot measures an 8.5b on a brannock.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014

13. brandall10

brandall10 Senior member

I don't think that's it. There's significantly more toe cap on my unstructured size 7.5 CXL 2030s vs. my size 8 Brandys. I'll try to take a photo tonight.

14. Diabolical

Diabolical Senior member

Yup, 8.5. I'm the exact same size as you.

15. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

I just went through finding the right size in service boots. I'm a 7E in Barrie and can get away with 7.5D. I tried both the 7 and 7.5 service boot and preferred the 7.5.