• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brandall10

Reaction score

Yeah, it brings up the pain and hurt of getting screwed on the preorder..
Son of a ..
Kidding.
Congrats gents.
The brandy looks awesome. Wish I would have been able to grab them.

Thanks. Though I'm not sure if I'd kick those navys out of bed for these - those have have seriously swag. :slayer:

climbinglife

Reaction score
Can anyone who has the Viberg Hiker talk about sizing differences with the other lines Viberg offers. When I bought my MTO Service boots in the 310 last, I went with my US sizing which is a 7, or 7.5UK. I realized I could have went down a 1/2 size definitely, but not sure about a full size down. My question is do the Hikers roughly fit the same or should I go up or down 1/2 size?

zielschuss

Reaction score
Just got my size 8s in... they're good
smile.gif
Edit: this is in somewhat shadowy conditions, I'll take might in direct sunlight tomorrow.

Good looking boot, but has anyone else noticed that the toe caps on the recent shell service boots (Leffot's color 8 and this one; I can't remember noticing on the navy) have been a bit shorter than usual? Here's an older color 8 version with more normal looking caps:

It seems to me the old caps covered about 2/3 of the vamp between the end of toe and the quarters. On the newer ones it only covers a little less than half the same space. I think it throws the proportions off a bit

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good looking boot, but has anyone else noticed that the toe caps on the recent shell service boots (Leffot's color 8 and this one; I can't remember noticing on the navy) have been a bit shorter than usual? Here's an older color 8 version with more normal looking caps:

It seems to me the old caps covered about 2/3 of the vamp between the end of toe and the quarters. On the newer ones it only covers a little less than half the same space. I think it throws the proportions off a bit

I thought the same when I first saw the pics. It immediately jumped out at me. I attributed it to the OP wearing a size 7, so maybe proportions were thrown off because of the smaller size? Crazy logic, I know.

Either way, they kind of reminded me a bit of the little baby boots Viberg has posted a couple of times on their Instagram. "Awww, cute little boots," I first thought.

jhuetsch

Reaction score
Sizing question: If I fit snugly into Alden Barrie last size 8.5, wearing thinnish socks, what size would you recommend for the 2030 last if I were planning to wear with thicker boot socks?

Thanks for the help!

Diabolical

Reaction score
Sizing question: If I fit snugly into Alden Barrie last size 8.5, wearing thinnish socks, what size would you recommend for the 2030 last if I were planning to wear with thicker boot socks?

Thanks for the help!
I wear 8.5 in barrie with dress socks and I wear the 2030 quite comfortable with medium weight wool socks.

brandall10

Reaction score

It seems to me the old caps covered about 2/3 of the vamp between the end of toe and the quarters. On the newer ones it only covers a little less than half the same space. I think it throws the proportions off a bit

Agreed - this is something I've also noticed over the past half year or so, it seems like a stylistic decision Viberg has taken on partially structured toe-boxes (which I think is what people are really seeing when they say a partial structured toe is less sleek).

My theory is if you notice the structure in the toe cap it's way short of the toe cap itself, so Viberg is likely trying to match that better. Why not create larger structured piece? Perhaps it gets in the way of fit... maybe Guy can jump in.

brandall10

Reaction score

In the same size, i.e. 2030 8.5? Thanks!

Yep, same here. I'm an 8d in Barrie with regular athletic socks, an 8.5c in dress socks (LWB), and an 8 on the 2030 with thick shocks. I already tried a 7.5 in a 2030 and while roomy in places it was just too short. My foot measures an 8.5b on a brannock.

Last edited:

brandall10

Reaction score

I thought the same when I first saw the pics. It immediately jumped out at me. I attributed it to the OP wearing a size 7, so maybe proportions were thrown off because of the smaller size? Crazy logic, I know.

Either way, they kind of reminded me a bit of the little baby boots Viberg has posted a couple of times on their Instagram. "Awww, cute little boots," I first thought.

I don't think that's it. There's significantly more toe cap on my unstructured size 7.5 CXL 2030s vs. my size 8 Brandys. I'll try to take a photo tonight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads