• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rolling green

Reaction score
Seems the 2045 and 110 are similar but if we want to stick with what is pictured above and with the original boondocker style then 110 would be the choice. The toe box shape is similar enough (110 seems more symmetrical) that it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. Having owned the boondocker I can say the 110 last is ideal shape for this casual makeup but as long as it has the unsructured toe I'm fine either way. Does anyone have any pics outside of the viberg site between the 110 and 2045?

kennyx

Reaction score

The 2045 last or the 110 last, or does it matter to you?  I've been hearing great things about the 2045 last, which apparently has a great deal of comfort but has more structure, especially through the midfoot, than the 110 last.

I prefer the 2045.

Scottystyles

Reaction score
Ok, these are my Brown Wax Flesh 2045 last, and my Boondockers 110 last. Both are size 9 (us10).

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
Anyone have a picture of a 2045-lasted boot with an unstructured toe? All of the pictures I've seen have a pretty severely upturned toe.

kennyx

Reaction score
I definitely like the look of the 2045 more. What's everyone's thoughts on Commando vs. Cat Paws vs. Danite sole?

Lazyrufus

Reaction score
Hey,

So I am not only new to the forum but also cursed with feet in between a size 12.5 and 13UK. I currently own 1000 Miles and J Crew Chippewa Service boots in size 13US and both fit well. I want to take a step up; would Viberg work for me?

The 2045 last works for me looks wise, the question is, would I fit in it?

I have read most of this thread and the one over on Iron heart but it seems as if my feet are bigger than everyone else's who wants or owns Vibergs so there's not much info regarding the fit at my sort of size. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Michael Haines

Reaction score

If I can get a commitment from 4 people for this makeup (I think that maybe the 2045 last might have more structure, so you can debate that), I'd be happy to ask Guy if we could do this boot. Stuff like this is essentially what we built the Styleforummarket to do.  Of course, you guys should note that this is what the boots look like after they've been worn, not what they would look like on day 1.

You guys also interested in a derby shoe?  I don't know the exact release dates for that, but if you will propose some makeups (I would like a grey/brown leather, which I feel would really be popular, and also play to the strengths of that model), I'd be happy to entertain ideas for that as well.

Cheers,

Fok.

The Derby is the one I'm holding out on or a rough out boot or actually both

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Scottystyles

Reaction score

Anyone have a picture of a 2045-lasted boot with an unstructured toe? All of the pictures I've seen have a pretty severely upturned toe. 

Both my Wax flesh and boondockers are an unstructured toe box. For ref, my black shinki horsehide are partially structured. Generally speaking , partially give you a little more breathing space on your toes (purely from experience) and are a little more crush resistant. Not sure if the turned up front has anything to do with the toe box structure. But someone else or the gurus them selves ie, Brett, Guy, or Morgan would prob clear that up.

rutabaga

Reaction score
Is there any difference between the Boondocker on Viberg's site or on Leffot? It says "Manufactured in limited quantities and available exclusively at viberg.com." But that isn't the case? My apologies if this is an ignorant question.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics