• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

camhabib

Reaction score
Curious if people think the stitching is a bit close to the edge on these? I’ve seen worse but, wondering if I should be concerned.

2176DEF0-9D6D-48EA-8F3A-C0C2D4ECFAEB.jpeg

vettemike

Reaction score
Stitching looks find to me. They’re not meant to look perfect. I think they’re made so well that you won’t have to worry about worn or popped stitches.

gte872h

Reaction score
^ Need to do the same re not counting. Broke down and ordered Pachena Bays.

Nice. The tobacco chamois seems made for a hiker. Please post pics when they arrive.

BTW, the whole not counting thing doesn’t really work. My wife reminds me a few times a week anyhow. ;)

sirsigsalot

Reaction score
^ Need to do the same re not counting. Broke down and ordered Pachena Bays.

Those Pachena Bays look so cool. I don't think I could pull them off, so I got the service boot. But regardless the Tobacco Chamois RO should be awesome for such hard wearing boots. Please post some pics when you get them!

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure, will do. I don't think it will be hard to pull them off with casual wear in winter weather. Meanwhile I see those chromepack chelseas and I am feeling them.

camhabib

Reaction score
Stitching looks find to me. They’re not meant to look perfect. I think they’re made so well that you won’t have to worry about worn or popped stitches.
I appreciate it. The second row of stitching definitely goes off the leather. Is this something they could fix on a resole? Is there any downside aside from cosmetics?

HeyBremen

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just received my third pair of Viberg but I'm rather disappointed with its clicking...

I expect better clicking from Viberg, especially when it comes to the most visible part of the boots. Indeed my two previous pairs are very well clicked, even though they are made from the "infamous" CXL leather. Just emailed Viberg requesting for an exchange.

1.jpg

3.jpg

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I just received my third pair of Viberg but I'm rather disappointed with its clicking...

I expect better clicking from Viberg, especially when it comes to the most visible part of the boots. Indeed my two previous pairs are very well clicked, even though they are made from the "infamous" CXL leather. Just emailed Viberg requesting for an exchange.

View attachment 1071036

View attachment 1071037

Is that the Dublin leather? If so that looks normal for Dublin and Essex leather.

Last edited:

orionz06

Reaction score

View attachment 1071036

View attachment 1071037
Those look fine and what one would expect.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1071036

View attachment 1071037

If you’re not happy with them, just return them. Light coloured textured hides are really hard to get perfect. I don’t like it personally and my Dublin from another maker isn’t like that.

But to be perfectly honest, At least they match

Mrfuzon

Reaction score

View attachment 1071036

View attachment 1071037

What leather is that? if anything the clicker did an amazing job. that is the area that will crease the most, the natural characteristic of the hide will help disguise it.... perfectly acceptable and very unique... prefer that than gettin a more plain vamp and have it crease all funky

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What leather is that? if anything the clicker did an amazing job. that is the area that will crease the most, the natural characteristic of the hide will help disguise it.... perfectly acceptable and very unique... prefer that than gettin a more plain vamp and have it crease all funky

And I think it looks pretty uniform between the two. My initial thought was also that whoever patterned that out did a great job.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Posted this on Reddit as well but thought I would ask here as well. Does anyone have some photos of their wear/patina on the following Viberg leathers:

- Lighter run of Crust Horsehide
- Aged Bark
- Cigar Waxed Deer

Have my next pair narrowed down to these 3 and curious to see how they will progress.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads