• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you send an email to viberg themselves on the price quote or a third party? Interested in doing it on my SD navy pair

I'm not positive but I doubt viberg would do it. I sent a email to Aram at AH One Shoes. He comes highly recommend from the Alden thread. He did brass conversion on a pair of shoes for me a while back and I have no complaints about his work.

beepbop

Reaction score
lVy0zQZ.jpg

Tan suede slippers from the sample sale. These are definitely an older sample, since the pattern has two seams at near where the heel counter would have been, as opposed to the production models' one seam in the back.

Valmak

Reaction score
Looking at getting my first pair of Vibergs possibly. I want to get the Service Boot in black. Is the chromexel the standard (most common) black one? Also, what size would I be? I'm a size 11 in Vans and Asics. Size 10 in Allen Edmonds and John Lofgren. I tried on Red Wing Iron Rangers and I think the 9.5 fit better than the 10. Thanks.

mogili222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple pictures of the unglazed natural shell derby boots I got through a proxy from the recent sale. The shell is amazing and is consistent across except for the marking on the left boot on the inside, which I actually like..

These feel a little big on my feet. Might use an insert to remedy that..

G9HDkkI.jpg

yWgb4gq.jpg

gte872h

Reaction score
Here are a couple pictures of the unglazed natural shell derby boots I got through a proxy from the recent sale. The shell is amazing and is consistent across except for the marking on the left boot on the inside, which I actually like..

These feel a little big on my feet. Might use an insert to remedy that..

G9HDkkI.jpg

yWgb4gq.jpg

Very nice pickups. It's kind of sad the only chance to pick up the interesting non 2030 makeups are from the styleforum GTMOs and the sample sale. The other option would be to pay a ridiculous amount from an Asian retailer. Division road has had some nice makeups but I already have enough waxed flesh. I'd like to see a bison or similar type makeup on the 2045 or 160 last.

The mark on the unglazed shell will even out once they darken with wear. I'll try to get some more wear pics of my unglazed shell in the next few days. It's great how quickly they age to a much better darker color.

gte872h

Reaction score
Looking at getting my first pair of Vibergs possibly. I want to get the Service Boot in black. Is the chromexel the standard (most common) black one? Also, what size would I be? I'm a size 11 in Vans and Asics. Size 10 in Allen Edmonds and John Lofgren. I tried on Red Wing Iron Rangers and I think the 9.5 fit better than the 10. Thanks.

Hey Valmak. Did not see this earlier. You'd probably be a 9.5 but it really depends on the last and your foot shape. I have a high instep so I'm a 11.5 in asics and a 10 in iron rangers. I'm a 10 in 2030 and 1035, but a 9.5 in 310 and 320 lasts. I tried on some AE 5 lasts and I'm around a 10-10.5 EEE width.

SoyBoy2

Reaction score
'Love indigo__ 'Hate indigo-stained boots
default_wacko.png

Viberg Engineers in #8 CXL & Tobacco Chamois, both on unstructured 2005 stitchdowns.

80485C26-6FC4-4169-A8AD-552360599F71.jpg
Hey all - I have a pair of Black White's Engineers boots - they took a good stretch to break in but now they are probably the best fitting pair of boot I own - slip on or othewise.
I have 3 Viberg boots which for the most part fit quite well.
I now want another pair of engineer boots in brown and was wondering if I should order White's or live large and get the Viberg?

I just missed the GMTO on Viberg Engineer a year ago - damm. If any one has a pair from that MTO in size 8.5 let me know!

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all - I have a pair of Black White's Engineers boots - they took a good stretch to break in but now they are probably the best fitting pair of boot I own - slip on or othewise.
I have 3 Viberg boots which for the most part fit quite well.
I now want another pair of engineer boots in brown and was wondering if I should order White's or live large and get the Viberg?

I just missed the GMTO on Viberg Engineer a year ago - damm. If any one has a pair from that MTO in size 8.5 let me know!
We're same size on the engineers__ if u inquired before the sample sale, I cudve set aside pair for u. There were a few 8.5 blacks, actually:brick:, but had my heart set on the #8s:slayer:
Next time, maybe ...

gte872h

Reaction score
Here's an update on the unglazed shell. I just wiped them down with a damp rag and brushed them a bit in order to get rid of the water spots and white residue. No conditioner used so far. I'm also including a few pics of the horsehide slippers from Freeman's Sporting Goods. These are the same size and I'm glad I did not size down like some others have since I have high arches.

IMG_9755.JPG IMG_9752.JPG IMG_0270.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_0283.JPG FullSizeRender (2).jpg IMG_0285.JPG

SoyBoy2

Reaction score
We're same size on the engineers__ if u inquired before the sample sale, I cudve set aside pair for u. There were a few 8.5 blacks, actually:brick:, but had my heart set on the #8s:slayer:
Next time, maybe ...
I Have a size 8 in the 2045(?) last and there is room but I think it is just ever so slightly short. The fit on the Chelsea GMTO 8.5 is spot on.
:brick:- well put!! Thanks for the offer - Perhaps next year.
ATM I am kind of favoring the White's distressed rough out, no celastic toe. 10" (cooler for summer than my 12")

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads