• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vass Group buy II - Worldwide, Australia, Singapore

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@arahat - here's my more detailed order below:

Theresainer high boot, P2 last, double taper to single, goyser welt, oxblood calf.

velgador0

Reaction score
As per some concerns, I will enquire if Vass will indeed build shell high boots for us in the group buy. Will keep everyone posted on the matter.

Great, thank you very much!

Also, if shell high boots aren't an option, does switching to a low/ankle boot help?

jimhatzu

Reaction score
Does anyone know how Vass determines the shaft height of their balmoral/Theresianer high boots? Do they base it on the number of eyelets I specify?

Being a tall guy with long legs I feel the standard height would look a little low, so I was wondering if I need to specify exactly how many inches higher to make it.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@arahat

Please delete my two previous requests. I will basically combine the two to get around any shell high boot issues.

Shouldaville - 5 blind eyelet balmoral chukka, F last, Size 43, Antique Cognac Shell Cordovan, double leather sole, perforation around waist (as below) with short wing medallion cap

glyoung

Reaction score
@arahat here's my order below:

Old English II with medallion, F-last, Antique cognac shell cordovan, flush metal toe-plates, double taper to single sole, goyser welt. Could you send me a breakdown estimate including shipping?

I fit in a C&J 9UK and normally wear a size 10US. Is that 43.5 for my size? My foot is also a bit wide.

nosrep123

Reaction score
I would like:

Vass U-Last 3-Eyelet London Model in Whisky Shell Cordovan, Single Sole, size 41.5
Vass U-Last 3-Eyelet London Model in Antique Cognac Shell Cordovan, Single Sole, size 41.5

I wear a 8UK in Carmina Forest, 7.5UK in Carmina Rain. Would 41.5 be the proper size in U last? I am a bit smaller than 8.5D US with a high instep.

Last edited:

partyof6

Reaction score
@arahat

Could you please put me down for this?

Italian model 65 Old English II, size 42 U-last, plum museum calf, double tapering to single leather sole

Thank you!

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@arahat

With shell available my detailed order would be:

Size 43G

Austerity wingtip oxford high boots, F-last, shell cordovan - antic cognac or oxblood, flat welt, blind eyelets + 3 top speed hooks, double leather soles + flush metal toe-plates, 3-piece shoe trees

U cap high boot with no medallion, f-last / p2, antique cognac or whiskey shell cordovan, 270 goyser welt, 5 metal eyelets, 3 top speed hoots, double leather + flush metal toe taps, 3 piece trees

Is there a limit to antic cognac or whiskey shell orders?

Last edited:

madridista

Reaction score
@arahat
Can you please change my interests to following? I may buy one or two from the following.

1) Penny loafers, size 43.5, F Last, single leather sole , whiskey shell cordovan

2) Theresianer , size 43.5, 3636 last, single leather sole, brown shell

3)Burlington model, size 43.5, F last, double leather tapering to single sole, seamless heel design (as shown below), whiskey shell cordovan

Thanks for keeping us informed and organizing this.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@arahat

Now that the shell options are known I would like to update to:

wklq76a - Austerity brogue blucher high boots, size 43.5 F last, bordeaux shell cordovan, double leather sole + metal toe-taps, 9 metal eyelets

wklq76a - U-cap (no medallion) windsor high boots, size 43.5 F last, whiskey shell cordovan, double leather sole + metal toe-taps, 9 metal eyelets

Thanks for staying on top of all this!

arahat

Reaction score

You got me there. The level of comfort is the primary reason why I am complemtating on the lasts....

You might want to consider the P2 last. It's very comfortable and quite elegant in real life. Here's a photo

@hentaisan Changed. Cheers.

arahat

Reaction score
@TRINI Added. Cheers.

Great, thank you very much!

Also, if shell high boots aren't an option, does switching to a low/ankle boot help?

I will keep everyone posted once I hear back about the issue.

Does anyone know how Vass determines the shaft height of their balmoral/Theresianer high boots? Do they base it on the number of eyelets I specify?

Being a tall guy with long legs I feel the standard height would look a little low, so I was wondering if I need to specify exactly how many inches higher to make it.

I have experienced this issue previously. I would say it is best that you specify how much taller you'd like to increase the boot shaft height, then let Vass decide how many extra eyelets are required for visual balance and build-ability.

I suggest a possible +2 inches increase in boot shaft height in your case and see what Vass says.

@Shouldaville Changed. Cheers. Will keep everyone posted on the shell boots issue.

@JubeiSpiegel This might help. For the pricing deadline, you do not need to know your Vass size yet. You'll need sizing and everything else confirmed before settlement/payment tentatively at the end of June 2014. Please let me know what you want to do.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads