• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vass bespoke

intfxdx

Reaction score
I will flight to Budapest for getting my first bespoke shoes tomorrow. And as already there i was thinking to order 2 other shoes so that i can pay directly (so that i won't have to pay for customs when they ship shoes to me, that's the reason)
I have already rtw vass shoes and they fit quite good and i do love the quality but i found a thread everybody saying that vass are not bespoke. so why vass are not considered bespoke ? do you think that i should pay 200Euros less and get some rtw shoes ? Thanks for advices

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I will flight to Budapest for getting my first bespoke shoes tomorrow. And as already there i was thinking to order 2 other shoes so that i can pay directly (so that i won't have to pay for customs when they ship shoes to me, that's the reason)
I have already rtw vass shoes and they fit quite good and i do love the quality but i found a thread everybody saying that vass are not bespoke. so why vass are not considered bespoke ? do you think that i should pay 200Euros less and get some rtw shoes ? Thanks for advices

Vass not bespoke,
it made to measure system,
but with ideal foot it can work well me think.

why vass are not considered bespoke ?
1, limited to set patterns for upper
2, me think there limit on making a last fit good.
Will Vass cut down shoe last for special customer with low instep?
Will Vass file under a shoe last to make it fit foot good on foot bed?
Will Vass make any last shape custom want?
Me think Vass not do this,
bespoke do this.
Me think Vass mtm work well for some people but it could be bad for some feet.
3, very limit leather and color choose
4, will Vass do 12 spi on sole and other fine detail?
Me think Vass not do this.
5, will Vass make shoe tree to fit mtm shoe or use stock tree?

See,
shoe making system to limit to be called bespoke,
but man can get good fit from mtm Vass if man have good foot.

Think here,
can Vass make new pattern and last and trees and offer hundred of leathers for $200 extra?
Me say no.
Will Vass cut down last when needed?
Me say no likely

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Vass not bespoke,

this discussion is so tiresome. it gets annoying. have you ever been to budapest? have you ever worked with a hungarian maker directly? tbh, if not, just stfu. many thanks

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

this discussion is so tiresome. it gets annoying. have you ever been to budapest? have you ever worked with a hungarian maker directly? tbh, if not, just stfu. many thanks

Do Vass make individual pattern for client shoe?
Do Vass cut down a last for some client?
Do Vass make a custom tree for some client?
Me make good discussion and ask good question here,
no need to be annoyed,
that silly. :fu:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

MrInvariant

Reaction score

And as already there i was thinking to order 2 other shoes so that i can pay directly (so that i won't have to pay for customs when they ship shoes to me, that's the reason)

You will probably still have to pay customs if they ship it to you.

intfxdx

Reaction score
Frtitzl i guess you know better than me shoe making. do you think ghat bespoke at vass would be more confortable ?? I am 100% satisfied with vass. Their shoes are 100% bettet than cj i can say as a just wearer and not expert. I am hesitating to go rtw as rtw also excellent at vass...

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Frtitzl i guess you know better than me shoe making. do you think ghat bespoke at vass would be more confortable ?? I am 100% satisfied with vass. Their shoes are 100% bettet than cj i can say as a just wearer and not expert. I am hesitating to go rtw as rtw also excellent at vass...

well, i'm not a shoemaker. i can say, that i have some experience with the austro-hungarian tradition of shoemaking, though.

imo, fit is a very individual thing. i cannot stand snug fitting shoes. i just don't like it. go figure

as you said. your satisfaction ratio is already high. so what do you expect to improve?

keep us updated please.

intfxdx

Reaction score
Well i have one feet , not exactly, but almost one size bigger so that i am not vety confortable at the waist level of feet ( where there is a curve) . that makes a little pain if i have a long day. i am wearing dress shoes everyday i am a banker. so confort is really importanr for me. i also have happen to have narrow heels. i will be in budapest in 2h.. i will report sunday.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Well i have one feet , not exactly, but almost one size bigger

ah, ok. i hope you brought your other vass for inspection?

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I realize I am breaking one of my own rules here, but perhaps you care to enlighten the rest of us: how is SoS post not helpful? Just curious what I am missing. Perhaps I should add that I am a happy Vass customer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads