• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanquish or Continental GT

wt888

Reaction score
Looking at prices, for about the same amount you can pick up either a 02-04 Vanquish or a 04-06 Bentley Continental GT. Which would make the better daily driver ? Maintenance costs ? Major issues to look for when buying ?

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd take the Vanquish w/o blinking.

I'm not a car guy, but I don't really dig the Bentley's aesthetics to begin with. The Vanquish is a beautiful car.

princemarko

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wt888
Looking at prices, for about the same amount you can pick up either a 02-04 Vanquish or a 04-06 Bentley Continental GT. Which would make the better daily driver ? Maintenance costs ? Major issues to look for when buying ?
Continental GT. The Bentley is well engineered with VW Phaeton and Audi parts. The Aston is to fragile for a daily driver. The Bentley also has a one year unlimited extended warranty you can renew after the factory warranty runs out for 3 more years.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The GT as a daily driver but a lesser Aston like the DB9 would be better.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'd pick the Bentley. The Vanquish is bloated and over-styled while the GT has no pretensions of being a true sports car to begin with. If you were looking at the Vantage instead, it would be a different story. It's absolutely gorgeous and its sportiness is much more in line with its looks.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You should get a Range Rover.
rimshot.gif

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd go with the Bentley, I am an AM fan but to me the Vanquish just isn't all that great-looking of a car. I'd go with a DB9 Volante instead.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the Vanquish but for a daily driver I'd choose the Bentley.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I'd pick the Bentley. The Vanquish is bloated and over-styled while the GT has no pretensions of being a true sports car to begin with. If you were looking at the Vantage instead, it would be a different story. It's absolutely gorgeous and its sportiness is much more in line with its looks.

This is hilariously ironic. The GT is the most bloated luxury coupe on the market, I sometimes wonder about everyone's taste on this board about cars. The vanquish is hands down one of the nicest aston designs out though I would go for a DB9 since it would be newer and more reliable with less ford like interior components. The GT has vw written all over it, is played out and if you want a bentley you get a real one like an arnage. For daily driving and looks aside, the GT would be a better bet. Just be prepared to be like every other entry level bentley driving owner.

The vantage is a sore disappointment by the way.

bjm

Reaction score
"De Rappers" have ruined the Bentley image for me and also the modern Bentleys are like bloated bling mobiles that remind me of Paris Hilton and all she stands for. I wouldnt be caught dead in one. The AM on the other hand absolutely. Beautiful sexy and exotic. Off course I would take any modern Ferarri before either of these two.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
This is hilariously ironic. The GT is the most bloated luxury coupe on the market, I sometimes wonder about everyone's taste on this board about cars. The vanquish is hands down one of the nicest aston designs out though I would go for a DB9 since it would be newer and more reliable with less ford like interior components. The GT has vw written all over it, is played out and if you want a bentley you get a real one like an arnage. For daily driving and looks aside, the GT would be a better bet. Just be prepared to be like every other entry level bentley driving owner.

The vantage is a sore disappointment by the way.

That was my point. The Bentley has no pretension of being otherwise; it is what it is, which happens not to be a wannabe sports car. If I had the money to buy a Vanquish, and wanted a pure performance car, I'd get a 911 GT2 or a Ferrari F430 instead.

bkk

Reaction score
If I were a person who cared about what other people had, I'd go with the Vanquish over the 430 or GT2 just because I see more of them around.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads