• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

V Neck sweater & Oxford shirt?

CallMeCoach

Reaction score
Is this the style to go for here, when wearing jeans with this combo?

http://cdn4.lookbook.nu/files/looks/...jpg?1221519451

Or should it look more like this?

lands-end-canvas-crewnecks-vnecks-mens-fine-gauge-vneck-sweater.jpg

Also, what kind of shoes should be worn if you're paring this with jeans? Boots? Dress shoes?

Also, should their be contrasting colors? Black sweater, white V-neck? Dark blue sweater, light blue oxford?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is some groundbreaking stuff so I would tread carefully. Black sweater with white v-neck sounds safest.

CallMeCoach

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
This is some groundbreaking stuff so I would tread carefully. Black sweater with white v-neck sounds safest.

Almost as groundbreaking as your response.

Just my first time wearing it, bra.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
you're new here, so let me give you some advice.
1. Good for you for taking an interest in your appearance, really, congrats.
2. You're not a special flower so stop making new threads just for your basic questions. spend some time reading around the board (ie lurk) and you'll learn all you need to.

CallMeCoach

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
you're new here, so let me give you some advice. 1. Good for you for taking an interest in your appearance, really, congrats. 2. You're not a special flower so stop making new threads just for your basic questions. spend some time reading around the board (ie lurk) and you'll learn all you need to.
Not a special flower? You guys just keep getting better! This is only the second question i've asked in a thread. Seriously didn't see my question answered in other threads.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I gave you a firm but sincere response that was more valuable than the simple answer to your question. Once you can get over your ego and get a little thicker skin, you'll find this board has plenty to offer you. For as long as you obliviously rush in you'll be met with snark.

your question is way too vague and also overly simple. I don't even know where to begin answering you. It's shoes, and OCBD and a sweater. Not exactly groundbreaking. Look at some pics and figure it out, try a few looks and see what makes sense to you.

CallMeCoach

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
I gave you a firm but sincere response that was more valuable than the simple answer to your question. Once you can get over your ego and get a little thicker skin, you'll find this board has plenty to offer you. For as long as you obliviously rush in you'll be met with snark. your question is way too vague and also overly simple. I don't even know where to begin answering you. It's shoes, and OCBD and a sweater. Not exactly groundbreaking. Look at some pics and figure it out, try a few looks and see what makes sense to you.
No ego, just giving it back. What's wrong with that? And I mean, taking shots at people isn't exactly motivating. But, I will try harder to search more and post more specific questions. My question is really to tuck or not, and anything to avoid? Probably seems like stupid questions to seasoned folks, but i'm Trying a new look and kind of lost. That's why I came here.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hehehe..smoking chimp. Chimps don't smoke.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when comes the post taking a jab at people with over 1000 posts having no life and can't get laid?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Hehehe..smoking chimp. Chimps don't smoke.

you dont smoke neo?

op im not sure if 3 threads are enough, try starting it in dumb threads. the best nicest and most knowledgable poasters hang there and will enlighten you and change your life. trust me. do it do it do it.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
you dont smoke neo?

op im not sure if 3 threads are enough, try starting it in dumb threads. the best nicest and most knowledgable poasters hang there and will enlighten you and change your life. trust me. do it do it do it.

Let me elaborate what stitches means by "enlighten and change your life in DT"...

Youll learn more about penises than you care to know about...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
Let me elaborate what stitches means by "enlighten and change your life in DT"...

Youll learn more about penises than you care to know about...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

spoiler alert

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But it's an interesting set of questions that doesn't get asked often. And still hasn't been answered.

The dress shirt usually should be tucked in, unless someone is going for a "hip" look that wouldn't work on an older person or in a traditional environment. If tucked in, then almost any footwear other than sneakers could work. V-neck and dress shirt should contrast at least moderately in color.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads