• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trouser fit critique - how slim is slim, and are these slim enough?

UserNameToronto

Reaction score
I pinned the hems on a new set of trousers, purchased from a mainstream retailer.

The fit is "fitted", but I am not so sure. I'm a young-ish professional, and most of my other trou measure about 8.25 at the ankle. These trousers also measure 8.25, but they seem to be more full cut somehow? Or maybe they're fine?

Appreciate your time & advice.

Attachment 46104

Attachment 46103

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what I can see they are narrow enough for me. If you are uncomfortable, however, go to a tailor and have them tapered.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Yika
your pockets seem to be flaring out.

Your pockets are flaring out and you can see your junk. If you are ok with that, then go for it.

awxg

Reaction score
That doesn't necessarily mean it's tight. Probably has more to do with the cut of the trou or your posture.

Wideknot

Reaction score
I would call the legs a good fit. Not "skinny," not "wide," not even "slim" just simply good. The length may be good, it is hard to tell the way it is bunching on your shoe, but they look short even for no-break. The fit at the hips, however, (and I would guess the seat as well) is not doing you any favors. It is too restrictive. This is causing the pockets to flare and preventing the pants from falling freely from the waist band across the front. Could it be that they are riding up in back as well? As these are dress pants, not jeans, and the fabric needs to fall, not conform, I wouldn't recommend cutting them too closely to the body.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look good from the front but if that's not a boner picture you took for us, something's wonky with the profile...
laugh.gif

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If anything, they are too tight. But the real problem is that they simply don't fit well.

usernametorontofoofed.jpg

UserNameToronto

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i like the look. however i would take in the leg/thigh just a tad more to get it streamlined unless you are going for the officewear look. which then, it is fine.
Thanks. Officewear is indeed the look I am going for.
Originally Posted by mafoofan
If anything, they are too tight. But the real problem is that they simply don't fit well.
usernametorontofoofed.jpg

Thanks for the photochop. I wonder why the fit seems so far off - is it me or the pants? Waist looks OK, legs look OK, but crotch is too roomy? Not roomy enough? Should I just return them?
Originally Posted by trader
^ you can't foof the size of one's cawk
Or can you? This is is a burden I must carry.

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what I can tell you might want to have the pants pegged in a bit on the sides. It dose look a littel loose in the leg facing in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads