• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
OK, apparently, it definitely is just me. I can't quite figure out what is wrong, but whenever I make a post (or try), I can't connect to the site (and only this site) for several minutes, up to about 20 minutes at the longest.

Any ideas?

The good news, for some of you, is that it looks like I won't be posting much until I get this sorted out.

I do have problems from time to time, site keeps crashing and everything.Had some yesterday....

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
hmmm, - Manton - after you try a different browser, also check your internet security, anti-virus and -spyware settings. It's a long shot, but you may be getting blocked by your computer from a false positive.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
It's definitely not the browser; I tried that first. It's something with this computer, though.

I was fiddling with firewall settings, and tried a lot of things. At one point, the browser told me to dedicate a specific port to SF, and I did that, but it didn't work. Now, when it goes down, it no longer says "SF is online but you are being blocked"; instead, it says "Can't connect to SF."

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
hey, tried to edit it, but I'm not an SWD mod. PMed it over to Brian and Fok to fix...

Got fixed! Great customer service. Would post again. Thanks m@t.

OK, apparently, it definitely is just me. I can't quite figure out what is wrong, but whenever I make a post (or try), I can't connect to the site (and only this site) for several minutes, up to about 20 minutes at the longest.

Any ideas?

The good news, for some of you, is that it looks like I won't be posting much until I get this sorted out.

It's not just you, I've had some issues myself today.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had those issues for just one day, last Thursday or Friday I think. I've never had problems other than that.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great, the Manton virus has spread to my comp
plain.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It's definitely not the browser; I tried that first. It's something with this computer, though.

I was fiddling with firewall settings, and tried a lot of things. At one point, the browser told me to dedicate a specific port to SF, and I did that, but it didn't work. Now, when it goes down, it no longer says "SF is online but you are being blocked"; instead, it says "Can't connect to SF."

Weird. It does sound like some of the problems are Manton-specific then. However, the site has been occasionally getting high load and slowing to a crawl. I and the server people are optimizing settings to try to combat this. I just changed something about an hour ago that should help, and Saturday (Friday?) we spent a while doing that as well. Hopefully all will be ironed out soon.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK, apparently, it definitely is just me. I can't quite figure out what is wrong, but whenever I make a post (or try), I can't connect to the site (and only this site) for several minutes, up to about 20 minutes at the longest. Any ideas? The good news, for some of you, is that it looks like I won't be posting much until I get this sorted out.
This happened to me a little while ago. I clicked "post" and then the site hanged for a good 2 minutes.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Waaah! the mods are right-wing! Waaah! the mods are left-wing! The other side doesn't get in trouble enough! Grow up, babies. We are anti-whiner-wing.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aspire2Style has been banned permanently.

He accused me of having a right wing bias, that he got dinged why rightwingers walked, and I gave him a choice. Either man up, and promise to pay $1K tonight if I showed him an example of when he was wrong, or PM with a profuse apology. He had 10 minutes to reply, but I gave him the better part of an hour (during which time he was logged in and looking at threads.) He took the coward's way out by refusing to either man up to his mistake, or put his money where his big mouth was. I can't respect a man like that.

Bye.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
He accused me of having a right wing bias, that he got dinged why rightwingers walked, and I gave him a choice.

He actually forwarded that exchange to me. I told him he would enjoy his stay here more if he didn't accuse the Mods of anything, ever. I guess he didn't listen.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
He actually forwarded that exchange to me. I told him he would enjoy his stay here more if he didn't accuse the Mods of anything, ever. I guess he didn't listen.
I have no problem being accused of something, as long as it is provably true. When someone pushes a point which is really an opinion based on selective reading of facts/actions, he can expect us not to take it very long before giving up on him. P.s. enforcement of rules here is arbitrary, but is strongly biased toward people who are consistently annoying and away from people who mostly seem good-natured but have a bad day here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads