• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tommy Nutter Vicuna Overcoat

Aqualung

Reaction score
Wont top the Vicuna overcoat I thrifted for $5
nod[1].gif
nod[1].gif
nod[1].gif

Most stuff labeled Vicuna is actually alpaca(sort of a domesticated version of vicuna) These animals live in the cold dry Andes and have adapted to the dry climate and have no lanolin in their wool. Good for people allergic to wool but I wouldn't wear them in the rain or wet conditions.

And btw, spending even 10 hrs hanging around thrift stores (say a $10k loss in pay) to buy some used coat is just crazy.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And btw, spending even 10 hrs hanging around thrift stores (say a $10k loss in pay) to buy some used coat is just crazy.

$1k/hr? Nice job

Or

trolls be trollin'.

Back to OP: Vintage Nutter can be very desirable. On the other hand, few need or even want a heavy long coat. Currently there are Nutter suits on ebay for about 800 USD. Put the coat up with a high buy it now price and a 'best offer' option and sew what happens. But do it now, because we're in the high season for such items.

tgt465

Reaction score
TTN: STYLEFORUM

I am DR CHARLES PIEDO, the director in charge of inventory and accounting section of international clothing store of Africa Lome-Togo in west Africa with due respect and regards. I have decided to contact you on a business transaction that will I hope be very beneficial to you at the end of the transaction.

During our investigation and audting in this store, my department came across a very lovely double breasted vicuna overcoat in charcoal grey. This was made by Tommy Nutter in 1974 and is numbered as the 963rd item sold by him. This coat was ordered by a gentleman who died on November 1997 in a plane crash before it could be delivered. The item has been dormant in our store without any claim to ownership by his estate before our discovery to this development.

Although personally, I kept this information secret within myself and partner to enable the whole plans and idea be pofitable and successful during the time of execution. As it may intrest you to know, I got your impressive information through my good friend who works with foriegn fashion designer here in Lome-Togo. It is him who recommended your forum to me as being stylish and capable to wear a man's coat of such magnitude without any problem.

Truth told, I am not necessarily looking to sell it to someone on this forum, just for an idea as to how I might sell it for a realistic value. I am not making anything from this either. I will not fail to inform you that such transaction is 100% risk free. All other necessary information will be sent to you when I hear from you. I suggest you get back to me as soon as possible stating your wish in this deal.

Yours faithfully,
Dr CHARLES PIEDO

allaboutshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello and apologies for the rude arrival.

A relative who has fallen on hard times has asked me to help them sell the above item.
It is a double breasted, vicuna overcoat in charcoal grey.

This was made for my cousin by Tommy in 1974 and is numbered as the 964th item sold by him.

I am not necessarily looking to sell it to someone on this forum, just for an idea as to how I might sell it for a realistic value. I am not making anything from this either.

ATTN: STYLEFORUM
I am DR CHARLES PIEDO, the director in charge of inventory and accounting section of international clothing store of Africa Lome-Togo in west Africa with due respect and regards. I have decided to contact you on a business transaction that will I hope be very beneficial to you at the end of the transaction.
During our investigation and audting in this store, my department came across a very lovely double breasted vicuna overcoat in charcoal grey. This was made by Tommy Nutter in 1974 and is numbered as the 963rd item sold by him. This coat was ordered by a gentleman who died on November 1997 in a plane crash before it could be delivered. The item has been dormant in our store without any claim to ownership by his estate before our discovery to this development.
Although personally, I kept this information secret within myself and partner to enable the whole plans and idea be pofitable and successful during the time of execution. As it may intrest you to know, I got your impressive information through my good friend who works with foriegn fashion designer here in Lome-Togo. It is him who recommended your forum to me as being stylish and capable to wear a man's coat of such magnitude without any problem.
Truth told, I am not necessarily looking to sell it to someone on this forum, just for an idea as to how I might sell it for a realistic value. I am not making anything from this either. I will not fail to inform you that such transaction is 100% risk free. All other necessary information will be sent to you when I hear from you. I suggest you get back to me as soon as possible stating your wish in this deal.
Yours faithfully,
Dr CHARLES PIEDO

He uses the same exact wording, but not sure if its :spam: because poaster has close to 300 poasts? Its also coat number 963 and other one is 964 :lol:

Last edited:

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ATTN: STYLEFORUM
Yours faithfully,
Dr CHARLES PIEDO

+1 would read again

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads