• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tom Ford sunglasses for small face

btlaxripper

Reaction score
I need help and once again turn to SF...

I like the Persols that I am rocking these days, but really feel like I should pick up some Tom Fords to beef up my collection.

I really really like the TF108's, but am not sure how large they are, I don't want anything obnoxiously huge, and I like somewhat conservatively styled sunglasses.
TF108_09J.jpg

Anybody else have any recommendations? I have zero, absolute lack of experience with Tom Ford sunglasses, so any advice would be much appreciated.

(And any suggestions on where to find the cheapest pair would be great too)

regards

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The James Bond sunglasses you posted a picture of are very nice shades. Personally, they don't work with my face as I tend to lean towards a larger frame, but in your case I think these would be a great option. They definitely work better on smaller faces and have a very unique shape. As far as where to get them, at this point the Tom Ford boutique in NYC is sold out and claim they are OOP, but I've seen a few pairs at Saks and elsewhere for the retail MSRP of $450. This site has them for about 100 under retail http://www.eyegoodies.com/Tom-Ford-J...-pr-16635.html If that's still too steep you can check ebay. They tend to have low prices, just make sure the seller has good feedback. For small faces I'd also recommend style TF0097 (Arnaud) Best of luck!

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Ditto the above. I tried to use the Oliver Peoples Airman (of which the Tom Ford's are a blatant copy) and they were too small for my face. I think they'd be a good bet for you, though.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does the persol 649-esque Maxime fit smaller than a 649 generally does (in the most common size 52) ?

suitsusid

Reaction score
I have 2 pairs of Tom ford the TF108 'james bond' and the TF 103 'hunter'. I love them both and fit very well indeed. They are however a smaller style aviator type glasses...i like them this way.

btlaxripper

Reaction score
Wow thanks for all the helpful advice guys! I bought the TF108's and will tell you how they are when I get them.

ashtoncvsg

Reaction score
I have a real small head and the bond's just didn't look right. Went w/ the John and get compliments all the time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics