• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tiger of Sweden

nexus

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with suits from these guys? I have one in grey (the model is called "Norden") and its the best off-the-rack suit I've ever bought. They are slimmer fitting without being skinny - which is perfect for me because I'm stocky. They retail for around $700-800, but can be found on sale for $500. The ToS Norden suit I have is hands down the best "cheap" OTR suit I own.

Anyways, my question - Is anyone is familiar with the fit and cut of these suits, and if so, can you recommend brands with similar cuts and styling? The local shops here tend to carry more conservative cuts, or go all the way to the other end of the spectrum. I would like to look around online for something similar to my Tiger of Sweden suit, but of course there's no dressing room there.

(this is not me, but its the same suit).

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hate to break it to you, but that looks awful.

Last edited:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, I've got a couple of SC's and 2-3 pairs of pants from Tiger. Fit has been the no 1 reason for those purchases. Oh, just realised, I do have a suit from them as well, haven't gotten around to use it as I think it has slightly too much of a sheen to it. Most Swedish brands do have the same kind of fit. Look into Oscar Jacobson for example, they've got some good stuff lately, and Rose & Borne.

There are a bunch of Italian brands with similar kind of fit, Boglioli comes to mind.

fredrikkm

Reaction score
The quality isn't great for the price, and I often find their clothing too fashion forward for my taste... If i were you, I'd rather spend your money online. As EFV mentions, Boglioli has a similar fit, but i personally like their cuts a lot better, and the quality is better as well. Yoox often has Boglioli for good prices. I'd maybe buy some of Tiger's more classic stuff on deep discount, but I would never pay full retail for it. Simply isn't worth it.

Last edited:

UncleCozy

Reaction score
Quality-wise though, not very good. Worryingly often you'll see a poly/wool or a wool/elastane blend. They've been a fashion-forward brand for some time but are steering towards the sartorial side of clothing more and more. Still glued and overpriced, but hey, if the suit is flattering on you, shoot!

As an alternative, there's Thick as Thieves MTM starting at 500$ which seems to get a bit of praise from the users. Though when you can source a slim fitting RL/PL/BL for 5/6/700$ on eBay, there's no justifying buying a Tiger suit/jacket if it's not very, very well fitting.

fredrikkm

Reaction score
^Great avatar :slayer: I had a really cool Snusmumriken costume in kindergarden, lol...

nexus

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice all. The suit I bought was on sale, I doubt I'd pay full price for it.

I agree on the demo photo - I'm not going to defend how it looks there. I like the way it looks on me and ultimately thats all that counts - SF approved or not.

Maybe I'll take a chance on one of the ebay suits, I'm always so apprehensive about it though. I'm a tricky fit so unless it looks just right on me (or can look just right on my with minimal tailoring) I typically stay away.

TheMangelo

Reaction score
Slim cuts, yes, but I can't get past the teensy lapels and, worst of all, the double boutonnière holes. Just too fashion-forward for me—the kind of thing that makes clothing look dated very quickly.

I have a black ToS trench that I picked up for CAD$150 which has a nice classic cut though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads