• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tie/Neckwear Damage & Appreciation Central

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ziggyosk
Got some new Charles Alexander Ties and they are GREAT!

Wore the Eastbury today, tomorrow will wear the Manchester.

Manchester
dsc03154cr1.jpg

dsc03155cm8.jpg

Whoa, those six folds are a blast from the past! I remember when we used to make those.

ibleedwhite

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlesAlexander
Whoa, those six folds are a blast from the past! I remember when we used to make those.

Do you still carry this purple pin-dot? That's sexy!

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ibleedwhite
Do you still carry this purple pin-dot? That's sexy!

That was our italian made six fold line. I had a falling out with that manufacturer over the quality of an order I placed. The six fold line that featured the tie in that was crafted flawlessly. The next ordered I receved from them featured some shotty construction, and didnt meet our standards. I had to fight with them to get my money back.

We took about 6 months off to look for a quality manufactour and we found the current mill that we still work with to this day. They blow away anyone else we've ever used. We have some similiar styles, but I have yet to mill that same silk.

thirstmode

Reaction score
That was our italian made six fold line. I had a falling out with that manufacturer over the quality of an order I placed. The six fold line that featured the tie in that was crafted flawlessly. The next ordered I receved from them featured some shotty construction, and didnt meet our standards. I had to fight with them to get my money back.

We took about 6 months off to look for a quality manufactour and we found the current mill that we still work with to this day. They blow away anyone else we've ever used. We have some similiar styles, but I have yet to mill that same silk.

Some very nice looking ties on your link.

ibleedwhite

Reaction score

oh. thats too bad
frown.gif

OffTheRack

Reaction score
Why has Seigo in NYC not taken off on the Forvm as an "approved" source of neckwear?? The shop is incredible--incredible selection of ties that has literally everything you could want: numerous conservative stripes and small patterns, formals, whimsicals, loud ties, etc. They're all hand made in Japan, incredible quality, and each tie is of limited production. They also have a ton of pocket squares, silk and cotton, and a decent selection of socks, also sourced from Japan. Their service is also impeccable.

I stopped by today and the proprietor let me snap a few shots of his shop, and I also took home a beauty. I wish I could have captured the drawers of ties along each wall and under the table in the center. Click on the images for larger versions (apologies on the focus on the third).

Srynerson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by OffTheRack
Why has Seigo in NYC not taken off on the Forvm as an "approved" source of neckwear??

It probably doesn't help that (a) they don't seem to have a website and (b) from a quick Google search it doesn't appear that they sell through any third party outlets. Not to mention the tiny production runs (no more than 12 ties from a particular fabric?!?) inherently means there's going to be a limited customer base.

Srynerson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Whats the price range?

An undated New York Magazine review I found on-line says prices are about $80 for neckties.

OffTheRack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Srynerson
It probably doesn't help that (a) they don't seem to have a website and (b) from a quick Google search it doesn't appear that they sell through any third party outlets. Not to mention the tiny production runs (no more than 12 ties from a particular fabric?!?) inherently means there's going to be a limited customer base.
I take your points, but I thought the forum also respected/revered institutions that still turn out a high quality a product that not everyone will or can have. Obviously the various bespoke makers that have gained notoriety on here do not have webstores, and I assumed there was enough of a critical mass in and around the NYC area that this would become a well-known shop--or at least one that consistently turned up on "going to NYC, where should I shop!?" threads. I thought the fact that the ties are made in limited runs would be a selling point too--I get that it limits the customer base for any one particular tie, but I thought generally forvmites would be into the concept of having an essentially unique product. And they do custom work! There aren't many customer tie makers around, especially in the U.S.--we can't all make it to Drakes or one of the couple customer makers in Italy--and of course Hober is amazing but the aesthetic of these Japanese silks is distinct. I would suggest folks check this shop out.
Originally Posted by Srynerson
An undated New York Magazine review I found on-line says prices are about $80 for neckties.
This is still accurate.

OffTheRack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=21141

Ah, the dreaded four year old thread. I think its interesting that it hasn't gotten more play on here than that though. Having been to the store first sometime in 2008, I do think that generally the patterns have shifted toward more conservative offerings. The aesthetic of the shop has changed a bit with the times.

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ibleedwhite
oh. thats too bad
frown.gif

Yeah, I've been thinking about getting some more six folds made because they did really well. Unfortunately, the cost to make them are very high and my margins are already razor thin.

Originally Posted by thirstmode
Some very nice looking ties on your link.

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member