• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Zam Barrett Thread

Reaction score
One of my favorite designers, and a great guy, Zam deserves his own thread here. The quality of his work is impeccable as is the cut of each garment. While not cheap, similar designers sell for double the price.

Here of some of my favorite pieces from the current collection.

Last edited:

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always felt like zamb's stuff is cut for more muscular guys, i.e. not as slim as a lot of the gothninja brands. Is this true, or do I get this impression because zamb himself is a well-built guy? Anyway, I've always been curious to sample his stuff, but I always feel like there's one too many details (probably because I like my clothes for the most part simple and clean, and zamb utilizes a lot of overlock stitching/raw edges) or that something's out of place, and I don't have a strong idea of what his vision as a designer is. I I don't mean to bash on his work at all, he clearly cares a lot about it and puts a ton of effort in, and I'm sure the quality/construction is out of this world.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
thigh measurements are kinda loose. i would prefer like a 10.5" thigh, but they're usually between 11" and 11.5". then again, i prefer my hems to be like 6.25"...so i'm probably not a good indicator of average leg... girth...?

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zam is 'built'? lol

Anywho, I just ordered a blood red tank from him last week. Only thing I ever purchased.

Reaction score
thigh measurements are kinda loose. i would prefer like a 10.5" thigh, but they're usually between 11" and 11.5". then again, i prefer my hems to be like 6.25"...so i'm probably not a good indicator of average leg... girth...?

Depends what cut you go for. The j pants and jeans are loose in the thighs. I had to get both tailored. The DNA pants though fit much skinnier.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha that's the best build for the SZ brands though.

It's ok, you guys just like the fashionz>food. :p

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
yes... i know... i have both... and also had both before you even knew who zamb was...

Reaction score
I've always felt like zamb's stuff is cut for more muscular guys, i.e. not as slim as a lot of the gothninja brands. Is this true, or do I get this impression because zamb himself is a well-built guy? Anyway, I've always been curious to sample his stuff, but I always feel like there's one too many details (probably because I like my clothes for the most part simple and clean, and zamb utilizes a lot of overlock stitching/raw edges) or that something's out of place, and I don't have a strong idea of what his vision as a designer is. I I don't mean to bash on his work at all, he clearly cares a lot about it and puts a ton of effort in, and I'm sure the quality/construction is out of this world.

I would not call Zam Barrett "goth ninja" lol. That word gets thrown around way too much on these forums.

As for the "simplicity". He has some very basic pieces that are fantastic. Yes he does utilize overlock stitching is some garments (which I love), but hardly all of them are like this.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
i know, right? i'm so cool, xhale. just can't help it. :\

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
like, totally.

Reaction score
Awesome first page dialogue! Hell of a start.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads