• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ultimate Protein Shake

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coopster
So if I take in 200g's of protein a day I will get bigger and stronger than if I took in 100g?

You should shoot for 1 gram per pound of body weight. I'd rather err on the side of too much protein than not enough.

coopster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by James Bond
You should shoot for 1 gram per pound of body weight. I'd rather err on the side of too much protein than not enough.

Yeah I have heard that but what I was wondering if you take 2 100g protein shakes (lets just say it is possible for now) would get the same benefit if I drank 8 25g ones?

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been using Strive PRO-ISL.

It has 45 g of protein & 190 calories per serving. It actually tastes pretty good.

PRO-ISL is a new instantly dispersible, 100% Cross Flow Micro-filtered Whey Protein Isolate. It was developed to support the increase of lean muscle tissue through the maintenance of positive nitrogen balance and increased protein synthesis. This superior whey protein source preserves the availability of whey subtypes and peptides. PRO-ISL supplies the highest biovailability of all proteins, ensuring it is more easily utilized by human muscle tissue and absorbs fast. Perfect for your first shot of protein in the morning or immediately before and after exercise for maximum muscle recovery. Containing up to 10 g of anti-catabolic (muscle preserving) Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA??™s) in every serving. This aids in the decrease of protein degradation and muscle enzyme release. To complete the ultimate in anabolic proteins PRO-ISL is rich in key protein microfractions such as alpha-lactalbumin and glycomacropeptides, essential for increasing and building lean muscle tissue. Each delicious serving contains 45 g protein, zero trans fat, ultra low carbohydrates and is sweetened only with Sucralose.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ON 100% plus skim milk or water. I find that when I start putting ground up bananas, blueberries, oatmeal, peanut butter, spare tires, etc into them, I just don't want to eat real food for the rest of the day.

danilo

Reaction score
So if I take in 200g's of protein a day I will get bigger and stronger than if I took in 100g?

No protein doesn't make you stronger. If you work out like a big boy then it might be a good idea to take enough protein to repair your muscles so you can get bigger and stronger.

And freezing bananas is a good tactic too, you can throw it into your shake with a couple cubes of ice to give a thick and cold shake.

danilo

Reaction score
Yeah I have heard that but what I was wondering if you take 2 100g protein shakes (lets just say it is possible for now) would get the same benefit if I drank 8 25g ones?

I think the 60G protein shakes is the most there is... 100G is a bit excessive and I'm sure your body can't take it all in at the same time.

It's the same concept as eating... it's not good for you to squeez all of your daily meals into one meal a day. It's better to keep eating throughout the day...

2-3 shakes at 60g of protein a day plus eating good snacks (nuts/fruit/cheese) a nice lunch and healthy clean dinner is more than enough protein for most of us.

coopster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by danilo
I think the 60G protein shakes is the most there is... 100G is a bit excessive and I'm sure your body can't take it all in at the same time.

It's the same concept as eating... it's not good for you to squeez all of your daily meals into one meal a day. It's better to keep eating throughout the day...

2-3 shakes at 60g of protein a day plus eating good snacks (nuts/fruit/cheese) a nice lunch and healthy clean dinner is more than enough protein for most of us.

It seems pretty obvious to me now but I was just getting hung up on an actual amount of protien per serving to shoot for. Thanks for your time/advice.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
100 grams per shake?! Lord. Correct me if I'm wrong, but whey should be used to supplement your protein intake not replace it?

danilo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
100 grams per shake?! Lord. Correct me if I'm wrong, but whey should be used to supplement your protein intake not replace it?

We were exaggerating for example purposes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics