• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The SW&D Crockett and Jones Thread

corey.m

Reaction score
I really like shoes on the 341 last with Jeans.

I mostly wear the Sydney loafer and Westfield balmoral cap-toe brogue in dark brown calf.

If I want be a bit **** you I'll wear my Hallam's with jeans but the 348 really pushing it for SW&D.

Thinking about the Barnwell or Coniston for this coming Winter.

Shadeeq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Glad peeps are on the C+J tip, nice traditionally made shoes with modern lasts, great price.

Way better then Alden IMO, I've handled and worn both extensively as well.

I agree. I own four pairs of Alden's and just recently got my first C&J (Northcote boot). The construction is significantly better and the leather seems nicer as well.

Still love my Leather Soul Aldens though.

Johnny Amiga

Reaction score
I've got a few pairs of C&J, def more on the MC side though (Lowndes obv and Connaught). Both are benchgrade afaik. As far as the quality goes, I'd put them somewhere near Trickers and Alden, maybe slightly nicer finishing. Anyways, the Coniston boot in the opening post is supernice, been looking to get one of those for awhile.

Handgrades are sweet, but considering Vass are about the same price in europe (well, actually Vass are cheaper), I'd prolly look into those if I ever get into the whole MC thing.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Been wanting to pull the trigger for a couple years but still haven't thankfully.

Don't really care for any of the square chiseled lasts, mine will def not be liked by mc due to pointed toe but with some cuffed trousers hide ya kids hide ya wife.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Let's talking about sizing.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IME pretty standard UK-US sizing

7.5UK = 8.5US.

don't size down half a size on boots. They run true to size too.

may be different for different lasts. i've only tried 224 last, as i'm also not a fan of those chiseled lasts.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Cliffords (337 last) seem to fit a half size big. They are marked a UK7.5....but seem to fit a US9 as they're a little big on me and I measure just a touch smaller than a US8.5

Cacatfish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
IME pretty standard UK-US sizing

7.5UK = 8.5US.

don't size down half a size on boots. They run true to size too.

may be different for different lasts. i've only tried 224 last, as i'm also not a fan of those chiseled lasts.

Same with the 348 last.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Size down one means nothing to me what size are you guys in other shoes?

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Size down one means nothing to me what size are you guys in other shoes?
Jet, I'm a 41 in CP (have some toe room) and a 41 in Margiela and measure about an 8.5 on Brannock. A UK7 would fit perfect on me with the 337 last.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Hmm, depending on last variance that would suggest a 9uk would work for me but I'm a bit skeptical.

43 in mmm/cp/raf, but I think my brannock was around 10.5 or so can't remember

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
why do i read your posts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads