• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
My latest Shell Cordovan acquisition.

Winston Maison (my local Thai shoemaker) wholecut oxford on almond-toe last. Olive Green Shell Cordovan from Shinki Hikaku. Goodyear Welted.

Looking fabulous after their first shine.

DSCF3651-2.jpg

Last edited:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful boots sir! That Bourbon shell almost looks like Alden's whiskey shell. I have been eyeing Carmina's Bourbon jumper boots for some time now and may pull the trigger bc of your pictures! [I actually pulled the trigger on the Brogue Shop's NST boot bc of your pictures.] For the sake of my financial standing and the health of my marriage, I may need to withdraw from this thread!

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful boots sir! That Bourbon shell almost looks like Alden's whiskey shell. I have been eyeing Carmina's Bourbon jumper boots for some time now and may pull the trigger bc of your pictures! [I actually pulled the trigger on the Brogue Shop's NST boot bc of your pictures.] For the sake of my financial standing and the health of my marriage, I may need to withdraw from this thread!

God I love being a bad influence. BUY THE JUMPERS BABY!

AEShoeMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweet looking wingtips! If ou had to choose between the Cambridge and Strand (not that the Strand is a wingtip) in shell, which one would you prefer?
Thanks! That's a tough call, but between those two models I may give a slight edge to the Strand. I think the Strand is one of the best medallion captoe designs out there. If I were rating shell short wingtip shoes, I'd have to give the edge to my Marlow and Pembroke shell shortwings vs. the Cambridge. I like the Cambridge a lot, but I really like C&J shortwing aesthetics. But... who am I kidding... I like all shell! ;)

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! That's a tough call, but between those two models I may give a slight edge to the Strand. I think the Strand is one of the best medallion captoe designs out there. If I were rating shell short wingtip shoes, I'd have to give the edge to my Marlow and Pembroke shell shortwings vs. the Cambridge. I like the Cambridge a lot, but I really like C&J shortwing aesthetics. But... who am I kidding... I like all shell! ;)
Tough to compare blouchers to oxfords. The Pembroke may be my favorite wingtip blucher. They now stock it in brown, burgundy, and whiskey shell! As for the Cambridge, it is the one AE model that I prefer over the Alden counterpart. The Tremont last for the 974 is a little odd. I don’t have the Cambridge but I’m thinking of getting it or the strand. I might even go with the Park Av in brown shell instead. The price is pretty nice right now.

KtSty

Reaction score
My latest Shell Cordovan acquisition.

Winston Maison (my local Thai shoemaker) wholecut oxford on almond-toe last. Olive Green Shell Cordovan from Shinki Hikaku. Goodyear Welted.

Looking fabulous after their first shine.

View attachment 1292722

Is it just me or are there some grinning? There seem to be visible white spots where the at somewhat regular intervals around the toebox.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads