• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whiskey Lindrick

20200307_094729.jpg
20200307_094657.jpg

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1960's vintage Florsheim 3260I shell PTBs. The 32601 were brown shell PTBs, and are rare. These are rarer.
78D8035A-96E9-403D-B84B-CDB27D285CB9_1_201_a.jpeg

In 8 1/2 D. I wear 13 D. These remind me of my Alden 990s, of which I have a pair from the 70's and some newer ones. The black PTB Alden model number is 9901; have a look at the listing and completed sales prices for that model on Ebay.
IMG_2137.jpeg

The Florsheim are much better quality than my AE Leeds:
IMG_2118.jpeg

Last edited:

oskrusa

Reaction score

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those came out quite nicely, @flylikeneagle

Questions if you don't mind me asking:
Are these on Forest or Oscar, with chestnut color for the edge?

What sole did you go along with the storm welt?

Thanks,
Thanks Oscar. These are on the Oscar last, with chestnut edge color and double JR soles. I've picked chestnut for all MTOs I've done, and in my experience artisans at the Carmina factory adjust the finish to complement leather color. For example, these have "chili" (i.e. AE chili) undertones, while the edging on my Amaretto boots have very subtle orange undertones and my bourbon boots appear to have tan/light brown undertones.

Last edited:

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I was cleaning up my SuitSupply shell PTB's and noticed that one of the blind eyelets was pulled out and was starting to oval the hole.

I was thinking to send it out for repair but then I remembered that I had purchased an eyelet tool and some eyelets a while back. I like the look of standard eyelets and again beater shoes so it does not matter, I decided to take a chance. I took my 3D printer clippers and grabbed just the edge of the old eyelets and gave a little turn while pulling and to my surprise they came out real easy.

I worked in all 20 eyelets, gave each a little turn to make sure it was seated all the way, and pressed each with the tool.

I am very happy with the results I think they came out as good as if I had sent them out.

I have posted a pic of the shoes when they were new for comp and sorry about the crap lighting in my basement on the shoe bench.

Remember these are my beater shoes so they have seen hard times. They still have the original leather soles and have seen rain many times (I treat all my leather soles with Saphir sole guard and based on exp it seems to help), at my one business (restaurant) wet floors are common, they have had tons of crap spilled on them (oil, vinegar, all kinds of sauces, soda, mop water, food), been soaked from doing dishes. All this and they still clean up really nice all things considered. As a comparison my other beater shoes Trickers Shell PTB's in Cotto Have much less use on them but they have quite a bit of visible stains that I cannot get out.

IMG_20200308_184627.jpg

Below pic when new.
IMG_20180510_160138.jpg

oskrusa

Reaction score
Great insights, Faisal.
It is good to know that Carmina can adjust the edge finish to complement the leather color. I am getting close to ordering that same boot as yours but on Soller last with dainite soles. I will include a note to Carmina for this edge color consideration.

Thanks Oscar. These are on the Oscar last, with chestnut edge color and double JR soles. I've picked chestnut for all MTOs I've done, and in my experience artisans at the Carmina factory adjust the finish to complement leather color. For example, these have "chili" (i.e. AE chili) undertones, while the edging on my Amaretto boots have very subtle orange undertones and my bourbon boots appear to have tan/light brown undertones.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads