• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Private White V.C. appreciation thread

WaIIace

Reaction score
It doesn't feel like a wax jacket like a barbour does but I can tell that it will gain a nice patina. It is a bit stiff at the moment (I haven't worn it yet) but I think, as it softens, it will drape a little better. I can see that it will get a lot of use and the colour is a nice change for me from my usual black, sage, olive jackets.
Great, thank you for the response! Looking forward to a photo or two

Mr Tickle

Reaction score
PWVC is stocked in Harrods, just in case anyone from London wants to see items in the flesh but can't be bothered to go to Manchester.

WDD_Blog

Reaction score

WaIIace

Reaction score
I have the blue one, reviewed here, with a small discount code:

Thank you, I have actually used your code and already received it. Good-looking jacket but my biggest gripe is that the sleeves aren't gusseted, meaning that the water and wind will go right into there. Wish you would have mentioned it in the review

Attachments

• Untitledсвсвсв.jpg
    Untitledсвсвсв.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

WDD_Blog

Reaction score
Fair point, I guess, though I think the chest pocket is still a bigger mistake!

WaIIace

Reaction score
Fair point, I guess, though I think the chest pocket is still a bigger mistake!
The chest pocket design is a weird choice too. Also, the description mentions "there are also two hidden interior pockets that button close, the same style you’ll find with our Harrington and Ventile® Mac" but my jacket has only one internal pocket...?

PairOfDerby's

Reaction score
Mine only has one internal pocket. That red is a great colour. Sorry I haven't taken any photos - we had a last minute holiday

WaIIace

Reaction score
Mine only has one internal pocket. That red is a great colour. Sorry I haven't taken any photos - we had a last minute holiday
No problem. I am wondering then - why do they mention that (2 internal pockets) in both review and description of the item? Seems like false advertising to me...

Attachments

• PW2.PNG
    PW2.PNG
    2.6 KB · Views: 1,643
  • PW1.PNG
    PW1.PNG
    8.5 KB · Views: 1,604

EricAlex

Reaction score
Hey, long time lurker here with a first post. I'm more into workwear type of clothing since dressing culture is very casual where I live, and private white seems to fit the bill quite nicely: Mostly quite casual, but high quality clothes. I have bought plenty of stuff from PWVC especially from sales and I am quite pleased. One thing I noticed that the sleeves in their clothes are often very long. I am 179cm and 78kg. I bought an overshirt that fits me over the chest right (size 4) but the sleeves almost pass my fingers and I am not kidding. It looks fine with sleeves rolled and I am going to get them shortened. Of course it's easier to shorten a sleeve than make it longer, but it seems a bit excessive sometimes. I am a fairly normal sized man I'd say and my arms are not especially stubby. That's the only downside quality wise that I can think of. The sleeves are way too long even for the models who usually are very tall. However, I am not complaining because the quality is very good for the price I got the shirt for.

One thing that I noticed that's weird to me is their pricing which frankly annoys me. I think sometimes they increase the prices before sales and prices seem to fluctuate a lot in general even for some non sale stuff or maybe they just have decided to increase their prices in general. They just ended their sale and I was eyeing up another shirt. They moved the sale stuff to their archive and a shirt went from 160e to around 240e. The prices also change during sale itself constantly. First some products are for example 70 % off, then they reduce the sale to 60 % off but offer a extra 10 % off (which in reality is not 10 % off, because the 10 % off is counted from the already reduced price, not full price). I don't know if this is normal in the industry but it really makes me doubt when it's good time to buy or not, and we are not talking about stocks here, they are just clothes. I am not saying I am entitled to buy something from a sale for certain prices, but it really makes you wonder when prices go up and down like a rollercoaster.

cheekyrabbit

Reaction score
Does anyone with experience buying PWVC clothing in the US have advice on dealing with the customs and import taxes? Is it better to just pay up front or is there a possibility they'll be neglected by DHL if I opt to pay on arrival?

chrowen

Reaction score
I’m in the US and pay the duty and taxes upfront. I can’t speak to what happens when you don’t pay this, but I ordered the Permanent Style Donegal Overcoat (unfortunately not on sale) late on December 19, and it just arrived today (morning of December 23). Usually my order from here in the US arrives that same week, if I order early on in the week. The 1-2 times I have returned something to PWVC it’s happened painlessly using courier pick up, followed by prompt refund. I’ve no hesitation buying from here in the US, knowing I can return if I have any issues. I also tend to buy when they have a sale (their winter sale is on now). I’ve been very pleased with their overcoats, Harrington and fleece, amongst other items. I’ve never had an issue with quality, if I return it’s because style or fit. I find that I do need to look at their sizing before I buy - as the dimensions for any one size (usually a 3 or 4 for me) can vary a bit depending on the piece.

Coastal Ivy

Reaction score
I’m in the US and pay the duty and taxes upfront. I can’t speak to what happens when you don’t pay this, but I ordered the Permanent Style Donegal Overcoat (unfortunately not on sale) late on December 19, and it just arrived today (morning of December 23). Usually my order from here in the US arrives that same week, if I order early on in the week. The 1-2 times I have returned something to PWVC it’s happened painlessly using courier pick up, followed by prompt refund. I’ve no hesitation buying from here in the US, knowing I can return if I have any issues. I also tend to buy when they have a sale (their winter sale is on now). I’ve been very pleased with their overcoats, Harrington and fleece, amongst other items. I’ve never had an issue with quality, if I return it’s because style or fit. I find that I do need to look at their sizing before I buy - as the dimensions for any one size (usually a 3 or 4 for me) can vary a bit depending on the piece.

Just checking as I have always seen the PS stuff excluded from sale... lmk!

chrowen

Reaction score
Exactly, as they don’t seem to go on sale I convinced my wife to buy the PS coat for me for Christmas (it’s ok what I’m getting her will cost more…). These coats can be picked up on Grailed or eBay, but at not that great a discount that I could see, and I wasn’t sure of sizing - so I decided to buy it new (in case I needed to return). It is a beautiful coat, and so at this stage it is a keeper. Btw PS did have these coats at a lower price in their shop, but when I looked my size was out of stock...

Coastal Ivy

Reaction score
Exactly, as they don’t seem to go on sale I convinced my wife to buy the PS coat for me for Christmas (it’s ok what I’m getting her will cost more…). These coats can be picked up on Grailed or eBay, but at not that great a discount that I could see, and I wasn’t sure of sizing - so I decided to buy it new (in case I needed to return). It is a beautiful coat, and so at this stage it is a keeper. Btw PS did have these coats at a lower price in their shop, but when I looked my size was out of stock...
I think I saw Simon indicate on some comment reply in the website that the price difference was because some official charge (sorry i can't remember what) was baked in to the private white as shown before checkout that would get baked in to the ps price after checkout and that they should come out the same. I have not even tried to fact check it, seems like it should be easy to though.

Mind if I ask where you are at on jacket size and where you ended up on ps coat sizing?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads