• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Indy Appreciation Thread

kelpqq

Reaction score
Anyone noticed the Oregon Hill Indy Boot at NeedSupply Co?

Looks like a awesome makeup. Ordered a pair today

gr789

Reaction score

Great looking boot - reverse tobacco chamois, commando soles, natural welt, leather pull tab, brass hardware - Thanks for the lead!

Carson

Reaction score

Great boot. Wish someone would bring out tobacco chamois (not the rough out) version…a bought one from TSM in 2013 and then sold it, but regretted it after. A great leather.

gr789

Reaction score
Although not exactly chamois, the Shoe Mart and others do carry that kudu version of the Indy with the lug soles. I have always resisted buying that version but it looks like a fantastic winter and foul weather boot.

Carson

Reaction score
Although not exactly chamois, the Shoe Mart and others do carry that kudu version of the Indy with the lug soles. I have always resisted buying that version but it looks like a fantastic winter and foul weather boot.
I've actually owned the kudu Indy on two occasions. There are things that I like about it -- it does serve that purpose pretty well - but I'm personally not a fan of how the kudu leather ages. It just looks kind of crappy IMHO. At least with CXL, if you take reasonable care of it, it will develop an interesting patina. For rougher wear, I've picked up two pair of custom White's Boots, and have been extremely happy with them. They're just more robust and well built for that kind of thing. I tend to keep my Indy's for casual and dress casual these days...

iPetronius

Reaction score
I've actually owned the kudu Indy on two occasions. There are things that I like about it -- it does serve that purpose pretty well - but I'm personally not a fan of how the kudu leather ages. It just looks kind of crappy IMHO. At least with CXL, if you take reasonable care of it, it will develop an interesting patina. For rougher wear, I've picked up two pair of custom White's Boots, and have been extremely happy with them. They're just more robust and well built for that kind of thing. I tend to keep my Indy's for casual and dress casual these days...
I've owned the kudu too. CXL is just a much nicer leather. Nice to see someone else appreciates White's. Those boots are badass.

gr789

Reaction score
Thanks for the notes on kudu. I really like CXL myself, so I guess there's no need to experiment with the kudu.

SSingh1975

Reaction score
Do you have the link for those laces? Looking pretty good.

Sorry for the late reply ...it's off amazon (UK seller but I got it in like 8 days).

http://www.amazon.com/Strong-Flat-Waxed-Shoe-Laces/dp/B007B8SKL0/ref=cts_sh_1_fbt

Love the laces...I bought it for experimentation but never took it off. I get compliments on my Indy almost on a weekly basis even from people who don't notice shoes in the first place.

Just today at my work, a medical vendor (cute blondie ;-)) complimented on my boots. I think the tan flat laces do excellent contrast on the dark brown leather.

Carson

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply ...it's off amazon (UK seller but I got it in like 8 days).

http://www.amazon.com/Strong-Flat-Waxed-Shoe-Laces/dp/B007B8SKL0/ref=cts_sh_1_fbt

Love the laces...I bought it for experimentation but never took it off. I get compliments on my Indy almost on a weekly basis even from people who don't notice shoes in the first place.

Just today at my work, a medical vendor (cute blondie ;-)) complimented on my boots. I think the tan flat laces do excellent contrast on the dark brown leather.
What length did you order? Enough extra length to wrap around?? Thanks in advance.

kentpope

Reaction score
If anyone here is in LA, I found some Unlined Chukka Boots in Tan Suede (1494) for $248 at the Steven Alan Outpost on Hillhurst in Los Feliz today.

Worth nothing: Some might be seconds/damaged. I saw water stains on the display pair but picked up a pair of 9s in perfect condition. Might be good to double-check the sizes on the actual boots as one box I looked at had the wrong size in them.

kelpqq

Reaction score

If anyone here is in LA, I found some Unlined Chukka Boots in Tan Suede (1494) for $248 at the Steven Alan Outpost on Hillhurst in Los Feliz today. Worth nothing: Some might be seconds/damaged. I saw water stains on the display pair but picked up a pair of 9s in perfect condition. Might be good to double-check the sizes on the actual boots as one box I looked at had the wrong size in them.
What else do they have. I am in town for the weekend.

kentpope

Reaction score
What else do they have. I am in town for the weekend.

Oops. Sorry I missed this earlier. That was the only pair of Aldens they had in stock. There were a few pairs of Common Projects Achilles lows, though, if you're into that sort of thing. I think one was black and the other was a dark grayish color (might have been suede). It's a fairly small shop but there are definitely some good discounts there.

schmallo15

Reaction score
Thought I'd post a recent acquisition here as well. Plus I want to shamelessly plug my Color 8 Indy's that are now for sale in my sig...

Recently lucked into a pair of Cigar Indy boots on the B&S forum. These are from a 2012 run at Alden DC. They seem a bit closer to Ravello than Cigar but I'm definitely not complaining! They came to me a bit banged up but a good bit of deer boning, Venetian, some Saphir brown cordovan cream and lots of brushing gave them a nice shine.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads