• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The "Lost" BBC Harris Tweed Documentary Episodes

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
Thing is, he doesn't want to. He's a selfish little prick who wants the Harris Tweed name all to himself. Selling fabric or yarn would mean that other people would be able to make stuff with it that doesn't fit with his image of boring jackets for old men. He still seems to be under the impression that it's just the economy, that people love him and his jackets and will come crawling to him becuase they just LOVE harris tweed, neverminding the fact that he killed off so much of what made harris tweed desirable.

I don't think that's the case. He's not a tweed purist. I think Haggas doesn't want to expend any capital until his ugly jackets "sell."

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it's just about the money, then he could just make sure he had orders confirmed before starting production back up for selling fabric.

And he does actually say pretty flat out that he doesn't at all want to sell fabric, just jackets. Near the end of the third video IIRC.

Alex C

Reaction score
Any permanent offline copies of this floating around? Avi's? Something? I'd rather watch it on my TV than my PC.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alex C
Any permanent offline copies of this floating around? Avi's? Something? I'd rather watch it on my TV than my PC.

You could try calling BBC...

Mariooo

Reaction score
Thank you very much
worship.gif

just watched the savile row docu few days ago, so these links came at the right time
laugh.gif

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is the title of the main music theme? It's a bit overly dramatic for the subject matter, but a cool theme.

Mariooo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
What is the title of the main music theme? It's a bit overly dramatic for the subject matter, but a cool theme.
Do you mean the theme used in the Harris Tweed docu? Don't have a clue, but it's a nice one yes..

if you mean Savile Row, that would be the theme from Kubricks "The Shining"

harristweedheb

Reaction score
In answer to the question "what's happened to Harris Tweed?" in the time since that documentary was made, the answer is "an awful lot and most of it very positve". Take a look at www.harristweedhebrides.com or else enter Harris Tweed Hebrides on Facebook to catch up on the good news!

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by harristweedheb
In answer to the question "what's happened to Harris Tweed?" in the time since that documentary was made, the answer is "an awful lot and most of it very positve". Take a look at www.harristweedhebrides.com or else enter Harris Tweed Hebrides on Facebook to catch up on the good news!

Exciting news; any details on future plans?

ahe

Reaction score
No wonder why its so difficult to find new harris tweed's in stores as opposed to goodwill/salvation army...

tom delgado

Reaction score
Hello! These documentaries sound very interesting but the links do not work no more. Can anyone help me find some working sources? Thanks a lot everybody!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads