• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

dopeman

Reaction score
I don't take it personally. BTW Uniqlo is Japanese, not Chinese, i suppose for you it means the same.
As i said i have one from them, in very good shape, now it's from several years ago, bought it in Japan, the ones they sell today are probably not as good i reckon, Scottie.
Inspector - stop with the casual
name calling bullshit please
“ I suspect for you it means the same “

No I don’t think Japanese and Chinese are the same - go check your “cashmere jumper” label, in fact since you like taking pictures so much, put up a picture of the label so I can see the “100% cashmere” and “Made In Japan” words printed myself, otherwise STFU.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Yeah i love the Scots too (usually) and i already said that the better holidays i ever spent in GB were in Scotland.
BTW in the JB books his underwear is in nylon!

dopeman

Reaction score
Scottie you are a bit slow, that's probably because of Whiskey ?
I was not referring to the look in my post, this thread is broader (for a long while) than apparently you think. it's now 600+ pages long, and your contributions are recent.
In my first post on the subject i acknowledged the fact that "Sunspel material is much better, and the price much higher".
So end of.

I think we established that you didn’t know what “the look” was in the first place .
Too much red wine ? perhaps Frenchie ?

dopeman

Reaction score
Yeah i love the Scots too (usually) and i already said that the better holidays i ever spent in GB were in Scotland.
BTW in the JB books his underwear is in nylon!

Back to news
Write a comment
James Bond creator Ian Fleming was a devoted fan of Sea Island cotton. He frequently wore the fabric, and often dressed his literary creation, James Bond, in it too. In homage, Sunspel and The Ian Fleming Estate have come together to produce a range of menswear made from the same rare material.
Sunspel Ian Fleming Collection lifestyle 1
Fleming was fascinated by this fine cotton. He loved to wear it, particularly at Goldeneye, his house in Jamaica where he wrote all 14 James Bond books. He and Bond, however, favoured the material wherever they were, from their shirts to their boxer shorts.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
cashmere.JPG

ditto @dopeman ! what do you say now ?
Cashmere 100%

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Back to news
Write a comment
James Bond creator Ian Fleming was a devoted fan of Sea Island cotton. He frequently wore the fabric, and often dressed his literary creation, James Bond, in it too. In homage, Sunspel and The Ian Fleming Estate have come together to produce a range of menswear made from the same rare material.
Sunspel Ian Fleming Collection lifestyle 1
Fleming was fascinated by this fine cotton. He loved to wear it, particularly at Goldeneye, his house in Jamaica where he wrote all 14 James Bond books. He and Bond, however, favoured the material wherever they were, from their shirts to their boxer shorts.

This is what @cerneabbas (who doesn't post anymore but keeps an eye on this thread - and he his a big JB books fan) wrote me this morning :
"I looked at TLGO....Dopeman says that Bond wore Sunspel underwear....in the books Bond wears NYLON underwear ! it is mentioned in 'Diamonds are forever' and in 'Live and let die'.....he wears Sea Island cotton shirts,I don't think that Sunspel is mentioned so maybe they are John Smedley shirts ?"

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is what @cerneabbas (who doesn't post anymore but keeps an eye on this thread - and he his a big JB books fan) wrote me this morning :
"I looked at TLGO....Dopeman says that Bond wore Sunspel underwear....in the books Bond wears NYLON underwear ! it is mentioned in 'Diamonds are forever' and in 'Live and let die'.....he wears Sea Island cotton shirts,I don't think that Sunspel is mentioned so maybe they are John Smedley shirts ?"
I was just about to say probably Smedley.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Which ones?, at least you didn't saw Dame Edna.
Well i will have to look closer some are a bit rose/salmon tinted ? At the moment i am waiting for Scottie's answer about my uniqlo jumper that according to him was not 100% cashmere ha ha ha :-D
But they look good Yorky... (i like Elton TBH)

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well i will have to look closer some are a bit rose/salmon tinted ? At the moment i am waiting for Scottie's answer about my jumper that according was not 100% cashmere ha ha ha :-D
But they look good Yorky... (i like Elton TBH)
A trick of the light my friend. Elton was cool once, didn't the French award him the Legion of Honour medal, or something like that recently?

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
A trick of the light my friend. Elton was cool once, didn't the French award him the Legion of Honour medal, or something like that recently?
Most probably, we give it to almost everybody ! Well he is very popular here.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyway there is nothing wrong with looking through Rose tinted glasses, I put mine on every time you post a Pic!???.
Gonna put them on now, as I'm off to mow the lawn.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most probably, we give it to almost everybody ! Well he is very popular here.
In that case Jaque Dutronc should be given an OBE, some of his stuff is pretty big on the Mod scene, or at least it was when I last attended a do, the European mods use to go crazy, which isn't very cool!?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads