• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Best/Most Comfortable Lasts/Brand

JeffreyCorey

Reaction score
Hi everyone;

I would like to ask you that what's your most comfortable last or favorite brand in Goodyear welted construction? Also Why?

Thanks a lot...

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi everyone;

I would like to ask you that what's your most comfortable last or favorite brand in Goodyear welted construction? Also Why?

Thanks a lot...

Edward Green:
82 Last - spacious, yet somehow sleek and elegant at the same time.
606 Last - The nicest looking last for the Dover. Also grips my feet at just the right places.

Saint Crispins:
Classic Last - Feels like a glove on my feet, with a nice and narrow waist and good arch support. I also quite like that the toe is slightly elongated.

Crockett & Jones:
325 last - Nice rounded toe. Makes the Cavendish fit my feet very comfortably.

Carmina:
Uetam Last - I like the low profile of the toe. Great for soft summer loafers.

I have no absolute favorite brand, but I do think that Saint Crispin’s in general checks a lot of boxes.

Thomson

Reaction score
I should explain why: The last a traditional, rounded one. Lasts which are what the ad copy calls 'chiseled' tend to hurt my big toe on one foot and the smallest on the other.

I also have a narrow heel and for that the CJ handgrades are great. They are too narrow at the front though.

Thompson

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone's feet are different so I really don't see the point of this question. If you are hoping to find consensus to copy, don't waste your time as you will learn absolutely nothing from this question.

Few people will buy shoes that don't fit.

JeffreyCorey

Reaction score
Everyone's feet are different so I really don't see the point of this question. If you are hoping to find consensus to copy, don't waste your time as you will learn absolutely nothing from this question.

Hi;

I know everyone's feet are different so they need different lasts. For example my favorite last is (also favorite brand) AE last 65. The biggest part of my shoes are on this lasts.
Anyway, I have checked the website but did not find this kind of topic and would like to create one. I mean I don't consensus to copy any brand :cool2:

Thanks...

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Exactly! It's not the last or the shoe, it's your foot--ideally the shoe is fit to the foot, not vice-versa.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads