• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tailors in Cincinnati

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for good tailors in/around the Cincinnati area. One of the tailors recommended to me was Mike Trotta's, in downtown, and I've had limited but good experience with them.

I was wondering if folks here had any recommendations or suggestions? I figured that if I can find a decent tailor, I'd rather go with them than spending my money on some of the online tailors like Jantzen and the like.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

gefinzi

Reaction score
1. Ramundo's on Mount Lookout Square (Delta Ave). Great tailor.
2. Romualdo's in Madeira. They don't do true custom (bespoke) tailoring but do MTM and good alternations. Talk to Trevor, the owner, a great guy.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey...I am from Cincinnati also, where are you two from? I have heard that Tommy LaCotta(sp?) of Hyde Park Tailors is really good. Are you just looking to get some OTR stuff fixed or get bespoke or MTM?

gefinzi

Reaction score
I've been to Hyde Park Tailors. Nice guy. However I think Ramundo is tops, esp. if you know what you want. Personally, off the rack suits in RLPL or Attolini fit me well so I don't have many "custom" suits made. I'll sometimes have MTM suits by Oxxford or Sameulsohn done by Hunt Club Clothiers downtown. I've had Ramundo make me bespoke overcoats and jackets and a robe. For a really good handmade buttonhole go to Kim's Custom Tailors in Blue Ash (I have some alterations and buttonholes done there).

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ramundo and Sons is excellent, I actually know his son Carmen pretty well. Can't really beat a master tailor straight from Italy. Does Kim's offer bespoke shirts? I have been by there before and never stopped in, from the window it looks like they make shirts.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gefinzi, randallr - thank you for your responses! I'll check both out...
Originally Posted by randallr
Hey...I am from Cincinnati also, where are you two from? I have heard that Tommy LaCotta(sp?) of Hyde Park Tailors is really good. Are you just looking to get some OTR stuff fixed or get bespoke or MTM?
I live in downtown, and right now I am looking for some good dress pants and french cuff shirts -- I'm quite open about both MTM and bespoke, and maybe give both a try. I figured that rather than spend money on clothes that don't fit me well, I might as well invest in getting some tailored to me (SF influence etc).

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you normally wear a jacket to work? I see that you want dress pants and french cuff shirts, any reason you don't want jackets? I for one think french cuffs are out of place with anything other than a suit. Some may disagree but they even look out of place with a sportcoat, to me.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
Do you normally wear a jacket to work? I see that you want dress pants and french cuff shirts, any reason you don't want jackets? I for one think french cuffs are out of place with anything other than a suit. Some may disagree but they even look out of place with a sportcoat, to me.

I'm a consultant, so it depends on the client - some clients are strictly suit and tie while others are khakis and a polo shirt.

I am just in need of good white shirts (for formal wear), as well as some slacks/trousers and some suit separates. Now, I'm not holding my breath on the latter, but good, tailored shirts is what I'm primarily looking for.

And yes, I agree with you that wearing french cuffs without at least a jacket (or even a tie) is a little too casual.

gefinzi

Reaction score
I haven't been to Ramundo and Sons. They are a different establishment than Ramundo on Mt. Lookout Square

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh ok, my bad. I think I have heard of him also, forgot there were two in town.

srschirm

Reaction score
The only tailor I've been to around here has been Mike Trotta, who made a couple shirts for me. They are pretty good. About the only thing I'd change is to slim the arms a bit.

Nice to see my thread from Ask Andy surface here.

I take it Ramundo will do bespoke shirts and suits too?

ruinedjacket

Reaction score
Do not go to Romualdo's in Madeira. I went there with a jacket that I needed repaired. I was told that the fabric would be rewoven (it is an expensive fabric). After weeks without hearing a word from them, I called and was told that "it had just come back from the weavers yesterday". When I asked how much the work would cost, the owner left the phone and did not come back. Eventually, I hung up, mystified.

When I went to pick the jacket up the next day, they tried to hustle me out without allowing me look at it. When I insisted on inspecting the jacket, I found that it had not been rewoven, they had simply sewn a patch on it. It looks like a home ec project gone bad. The jacket is ruined and can't be worn in its current condition.

When I questioned the work, at first the owner threatened to throw me out of the store and then told his clerk to call the police on me.

No lie. I have never seen such outrageous arrogance and poor service in my life.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads