• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tailor in Perth, Western Australia

Yung

Reaction score
Hello Cantona, I've been looking for a tailor in Perth as well. I searched the internet and found one called Fullin Tailoring Co in Mt Lawley. http://www.atailorseye.com.au/ I haven't had anything made by them (I'm still a student with little income), but I had a suit altered. I think they do MTM.

cantona

Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for the reply. In the forum askandyaboutclothes someone recommended those guys as well so I might give them a call.

Cheers,
Cantona

whistler

Reaction score
I checked out tailors in Perth recently when I wanted to get a suit made. There are a few shops in the city that will do MTM. When I spoke to the people working there, they didn't seem too knowledgeable, the the prices were quite high ($1500) for decent fabric. I've heard good things about a shop on hay street in west Perth. The name escapes me, but their suits looked decent. Very limited fabric choice though.

In terms of alterations, the only genuine men's tailor I know is fullins in mt lawley. I have heard from a reputable source that they are good for school uniforms and not much else. I have visited there a couple of times for alterations and they have been unwilling to make the changes I wanted, so I haven't used them. Who knows, they could be ok.

Anyway, for my suits I ended using ANS fashions, which is a hong kong tailor. A guy from ANS visits Perth every 3 months or so and takes measurements or suits. The first suit they made for me was a bit baggy but they did a good job making an identical copy of another suit I had.

Yung

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cantona
Hi

Thanks for the reply. In the forum askandyaboutclothes someone recommended those guys as well so I might give them a call.

Cheers,
Cantona

Are you getting something made? I'm interested in the results.

cantona

Reaction score
Hi

My grandma is a tailor and so I have been getting her to make me stuff for a couple years now. I have loads of fabric and so i thought if I could find a good tailor that way I coudl have her making me stuff as well as the tailor. I am unsure if I can bring my own fabric though?

Cheers,
Cantona

Yung

Reaction score
You can bring your own fabric. The last time I was there I asked about pricing for a linen waistcoat. Mr Fullin said that the linen they have is very expensive, so he recommended that I buy the linen from a fabric store and bring it in to be made.

You seem to have aquired a lot of fabric. Would you happen to know of any fabric stores here in Perth?

cantona

Reaction score
Hi

Thats great that I can bring my own fabric. I have sourced my fabric mainly from the internet. There is an ebay shop called British Fabircs that has some nice stuff (I picked up some Holland and Sherry and Dormiuel wool from there), I also buy wool from the New Lanark shop and its superb. The wool is made via traditional methods and its beautiful. I buy tweed from Harris Tweed Textiles. Theres a styleforum member called Andrew Rogers who sells John G Hardy fabric (some of the best in the world) at great prices, I also got some Alumo cotton from him.

Regards,
Cantona

danielvh

Reaction score
Hey,

I was the one who posted on AAAC. My dad's had some good experiences there and I'll probably be getting a suit made in a few months.

Also, I'm wondering if anyone's used Marchesi Menswear on William St in Northbridge? I sent them an email asking them about their bespoke service for a 3-piece suit and got:

"Dear Daniel,

Thank you for your inquiry. We have been tailoring suits to order since
1939. We also have a International range of men`s ready to wear suits.

To tailor make a 3 piece suit starts from $1881.00. The cloth you choose
will determine the final price.

The making time required is 4 to 5 weeks.

The style you wish to make the suit in is not a problem.

We are open Monday to Saturday from 9.00am closing at 5.30pm except on
Thursday 8.00pm and Saturday 4.30pm.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to phone or call in.

Kind Regards,

Ian Marchesi"

Thoughts? They're more expensive than Fullin (who have quoted me about $1100-$1300 for a 3piece) but how about quality. I guess I should go into both and have a look at some finished or in-progress bespoke items to compare.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't been home to Perth for over 3 years, however:

For alterations there was an excellent Vietnamese tailor on Beoufort St., Mt Lawley that I could probably direct you to if you are really interested. If I were looking for bespoke in Perth I would certainly consider them.

I have bought OTR clothes from Marchessi for 20 years. They are reasonably priced and seem like knowledgeable, honest folks. I'm sure they'd do good work, though I have no first-hang knowledge of their bespoke services.

danielvh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JustinW

For alterations there was an excellent Vietnamese tailor on Beoufort St., Mt Lawley that I could probably direct you to if you are really interested. If I were looking for bespoke in Perth I would certainly consider them.

I have bought OTR clothes from Marchessi for 20 years. They are reasonably priced and seem like knowledgeable, honest folks. I'm sure they'd do good work, though I have no first-hang knowledge of their bespoke services.

Hi Justin, That'd be great if you could direct me to the Vietnamese tailor on Beaufort St. When I get back to Perth in June I'll go have a look at all 3 places (and any more I find) and try to make a decision on which to go with. Beaufort St is great though as it's walking distance to my house (although William St is only a very short drive). Anyone have any tips on how to tell which is the best tailor? I suppose ask them about their services, experiences and to see some of their work. Anything else?

Yung

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cantona
Hi

Thats great that I can bring my own fabric. I have sourced my fabric mainly from the internet. There is an ebay shop called British Fabircs that has some nice stuff (I picked up some Holland and Sherry and Dormiuel wool from there), I also buy wool from the New Lanark shop and its superb. The wool is made via traditional methods and its beautiful. I buy tweed from Harris Tweed Textiles. Theres a styleforum member called Andrew Rogers who sells John G Hardy fabric (some of the best in the world) at great prices, I also got some Alumo cotton from him.

Regards,
Cantona

Thank you for directing me to those sources. I will take a look at them.

Originally Posted by JustinW

I'd also like to know about the Vietnamese tailor. How's the pricing for alterations?

beebleb

Reaction score
Sorry to bring back a dead post, but did anyone get the details for this Beaufort St. tailor?

Chris Brown

Reaction score
Try Anthony... his an award winning tailor... and his in our own backyard...little old Perth!
Anthony Van Pham
Perth Tailoring, Bridal & Clothing Alterations Co.

T: (08) 6161 7858
M: 0481 339 998
LONDON COURT

Shop 4 / 58 St Georges Terrace
Perth Western Australia
W: www.anthonyvanpham.com

E: [email protected]
2014 AUSTRALIAN SERVICE EXCELLENCE AWARD WINNER
2013 City of PERTH, CUSTOMER SERVICE AWARD Finalist

2013 AUSTRALIAN SERVICE EXCELLENCE AWARD WINNER
2012 AUSTRALIAN SERVICE EXCELLENCE AWARD WINNER

TAILOR to Miss Australia and Miss Universe.
TAILOR to Brownlow Awards night.

Levi Eckart

Reaction score
If you are looking to get custom made suits and shirts, I run a custom clothier business in Perth.
We operate completely mobile, so we come to you for maximum convenience.

Custom made suits start at just $599 at the moment.

Check out our website www.temperamenttailors.com.au:)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads