• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Striped rowing blazer fabrics

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where is a good source for striped blazer fabrics?
Would prefer something in the 12 oz worsteds but can compromise with the right type of pattern fabric.

Here are some books, but what about others?

Holland and Sherry 270 oz fabric
Blazer - John Cutler bespoke 2.jpg

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^
Not such a fan of those fox stripes,
but thanks for the heads up.

Liking this style of blazer more.
Blazer dream 1.jpg

and maybe a green striped blazer too.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always thought these were club-style blazers for people who were part of those particular rowing clubs/teams...is that not the case? Are generally styled rowing blazers a thing? thinking primarily of the UL here...
Did you mean the UK?

Boating blazers were common outside of rowing clubs as far back as the 1920s at least.
They were worn by original Mods in the 1960s and revival Mods from the late seventies onwards.
I own four and the nearest to membership of a rowing club I ever came was renting the row boats at Durham and rowing my gf down the River Wear.

I know @An Acute Style and @Andy57 are also owners.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you mean the UK?

Boating blazers were common outside of rowing clubs as far back as the 1920s at least.
They were worn by original Mods in the 1960s and revival Mods from the late seventies onwards.
I own four and the nearest to membership of a rowing club I ever came was renting the row boats at Durham and rowing my gf down the River Wear.

Sorry, yea meant UK. I always thought they were like repp ties over there, which are a bit more insider/affiliation driven than they are over in the US.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, yea meant UK. I always thought they were like repp ties over there, which are a bit more insider/affiliation driven than they are over in the US.
Honestly I think that’s a bit of a myth too these days given the once vast preponderance of striped ties and then the current era where ties are no longer very common.

I wouldn’t advise wearing direct clones of prestigious school and regiment ties especially near their respective buildings but outside of those institutions I doubt many people would recognise what stripe belongs with what place.

I’m proud of my Dad’s RAF service. I have a nice grenadine in RAF colours but the stripes go the opposite direction which works for me on the slim chance that someone might recognise the pattern and be curious if I’m perpetrating stolen valour!

Last edited:

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you mean the UK?

I am. I have a couple. Neither of them have anything to do with an actual club.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads