• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

stay away from mikecobra97 on Ebay

mrgoblueguy

Reaction score
Stay away from mikecobra97 on ebay. He sells fake Polo shirts and even sends them in the wrong color. He sent a cream colored Polo Sport one when I won a peach colored POlo Ralph Lauren shir. He says that he sent the right one and I am wrong. Please stay away from him.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about the shirts indicates they are fake?

mrgoblueguy

Reaction score
The shirts had no care tag anywhere on them. They Polo tag was just stuck through the button hole and not attached anyway and the shirt was so thin it was see through. The pony on it was very disfigured. I compared it to one at my store and the differences were easy to see.

Crockett

Reaction score
Sounds like a similar experience I recently had with the seller "Tullyfields". The seller's feedback was pretty good so I took the chance and ordered a Hugo Boss polo. The embroidery was very crappy and the tag that indicated where it was made was missing. I wonder why other people that buy from these sellers can't tell what they are buying is fake. It was very evident with these shirts.

tdial

Reaction score
The seller's feedback was pretty good so I took the chance and ordered a Hugo Boss polo.  The embroidery was very crappy and the tag that indicated where it was made was missing.
You could have just described an authentic Boss shirt as well. KIDDING. KIDDING. Just a little fun at their expense...

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For Polo clothing items, I stick to EBay sellers Polosphere and prl67. Both carry a wide variety of RL items at often incredible prices. Lots of RLPL too.

Crockett

Reaction score
(Crockett @ Feb. 07 2005,21:12) The seller's feedback was pretty good so I took the chance and ordered a Hugo Boss polo. The embroidery was very crappy and the tag that indicated where it was made was missing.
You could have just described an authentic Boss shirt as well. KIDDING. KIDDING. Just a little fun at their expense...
I know they are not the best, but I just wanted to pick up a few polo shirts for cheap. I own a few other Boss shirts that were nowhere near as bad as that one. The label wasn't even attempted to made in a decent manner. The seller then claimed that this NWT shirt was used. What the hell?

tdial

Reaction score
(tdial @ Feb. 08 2005,05:16)
Originally Posted by Crockett,Feb. 07 2005,21:12
The seller's feedback was pretty good so I took the chance and ordered a Hugo Boss polo. Â The embroidery was very crappy and the tag that indicated where it was made was missing.
I know they are not the best, but I just wanted to pick up a few polo shirts for cheap. Â I own a few other Boss shirts that were nowhere near as bad as that one. Â The label wasn't even attempted to made in a decent manner. Â The seller then claimed that this NWT shirt was used. Â What the hell?
That's obviously an awful experience. I hope you mentioned it in your feedback so others of us won't get cheated in the same way.

mrgoblueguy

Reaction score
Ebay was the only place I could find the size and color I wa slooking for. It was a peach colored shirt I needed and couldn't find it on discount anywhere else.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.