• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spring/Summer shoes...What do you wear ? recommendations?

gq_style

Reaction score
Ok fellas, right now spring is just around the corner and I'm looking for some suggestions on footwear. I'm interested in shoes that are more casual rather than formal. Shoes that are versatile. Looking at having a rotation of about 3 pairs. Thinking of going with some all white sneakers, dark sneakers and a pair of boat shoes. Just want to see what you guys recommend cause this forum has so much knowledge on different brands. Not looking to break the bank here so shoes that are $100 and less would be great. Please post pics if possible.

Thanks!

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chuck Taylors
Vans
Sperry Top-sider boat shoes
Clarks Wallabees, Desert boots( most likely with jeans not shorts)

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure others hate it, but I do enjoy boat shoes (sans socks). For something less than 100, I would suggest hitting eBay and looking for Sperry. Decent quality/cost ratio

Edit: ^ and I was beaten to it...

gq_style

Reaction score
definitely going to have a pair of sperrys in the rotation. mainly looking for other suggestions.. thanks guys.. keep um coming..

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not telling because I don't want you fools also searching ebay for a pair

DesignerValet

Reaction score
I also like boat shoes for the warmer months; I have pairs in navy and red.

Plimsolls are light and look great with shorts. They're cheap (under $20) and work great if you don't expect much in the way of cushioning. The classic German Army sneakers are nice as well, but harder to find.

I do like a nice leather sandal, though they are not deemed "acceptable" by SF groupthink.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What pants are you planning on wearing them with? If I was in the market for some new sneakers I'd probably look at some Pf Flyers Albin, I haven't seen the quality on them first hand but I like the styling quite a lot and they come in every single colour. I like them in tan a lot, but I'm pretty sure they come in white as well. Jack Purcells are a classic white canvas sneaker that can be had for a song (I got a pair for $20 but I think they're usually $35) and Vans Authentics come in every single colour and are a nice pair of simple canvas sneakers as well. Vans Authentic: http://www.sneakerfiles.com/wp-conte...ede-pack-1.jpg Pf Flyers Albin: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3038/...686578.jpg?v=0 http://www.complex.com/blogs/wp-cont...-albin-480.jpg http://www.kibitzhomme.com/wp-conten..._pf_flyers.jpg (Also in tan, gray, etc.)

CiscoUsername

Reaction score
Other than sandals and sneakers, what are some good options to go with shorts? What kind of socks do you pair with shorts?

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear:
timberland boat shoes
LL bean blucher mocs (and soon camp mocs)
LL bean dirty bucs
Birkenstock ramses
white chucks
vintage longvings
vintage swedish mil officer bluchers

Spring (not summer)
Paraboot Michael
LL bean dress rustics

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CiscoUsername
Other than sandals and sneakers, what are some good options to go with shorts? What kind of socks do you pair with shorts?
I would suggest buying some Falke (German brand) "no show" athletic socks. The Falke's have little rubbery plastic protrusions in the rear to keep your sock from sliding down and the socks continue to look new after many washings. The socks sit low enough on your ankle that on a Converse type sneaker you will not even be able to see them. They are far better socks than those Banana Republic ones everyone here seems to recommend!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads