• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Special offer!

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I see your point jcusey. Unfortunately, most American men do not share your excellent taste in shoes.

Flattery will get you nowhere. I'm unlikely to order more than 10 more pairs (this year) regardless of what you say.

Fairfield is going to start with just one style and my boss thought that it might be better to start with something less distinctive. So they are going to try a Budapest model (wingtip) but on the Laszlo last. The Laszlo last is my second favorite next to the Budapest last. It makes for a very custom-looking shoe. The two shoes that Steve ordered (pictured above) were made on the Laszlo last.

Well, it looks like the Laszlo last also has a fairly high toe box, and the Budapest has more distinctive about it than just the Budapest last. I guess I'll retract my harumph.

Seriously, I would imagine that you guys have a hard sell with men's specialty stores. The market for $900/pair shoes is limited enough, but I would imagine that most of these places would have to kick someone else out to bring in Vass. Do you ditch Edward Green? JM Weston? John Lobb Paris? That's not an easy thing to do.

Keep up the good fight, though. I'm all in favor of more wonderful shoes being available on the American market.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Is this offer still available? I emailed A HARRIS at the address in his original post, but got no reply.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The offer is still available and will be open for about one more month. I apologize for the delay in responding Manton, I just sent you an email.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a report on the Vass Budapest (black) shoes that I ordered through A. Harris's special offer. Â The shoes arrived today. Â They fit perfectly. Â
biggrin.gif
 To be honest, I was worried about receiving shoes that might not fit, but the shoes are just fine.  I've worn them most of the day, and they feel great.  I have always worn Allen Edmonds because of the support that they provide my feet.  The Vass shoes are a bit heavier.  I certainly do not get tired standing in them or walking about.  Several people actually noticed the (unsual to American style) toe construction.  I think it is a real classy shoe.  My only regret is that I did not order more pairs when the special offer was made.  I would love to have a pair in cognac.  The shoe trees are unlike anything I have seen.  It took some muscle just to get them out of the shoe.  A shoe tree than means business.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads