• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sparkling water Voss or Pellegrino?

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
There is plastic bottle Pallegrino?

Yes. It seems wrong.

For some reason, I don't mind drinking Perrier out of plastic, though. Needless to say I prefer the glass.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
There is plastic bottle Pallegrino?

yes, in the super the most commonly sold bottle is plastic.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
yes, in the super the most commonly sold bottle is plastic.

Interesting, I usually get it by the case at Costco. Its in glass there. I guess I just haven't realized it is sold in plastic because I don't really look for it in supermarkets.

hedgehog

Reaction score
Haha. I find Voss water a hilarious creative marketing-product. It's named after the village my father's family is from, in the western part of Norway. But the water itself is more or less regular tap water from some place on the eastern side of the country. I'm sure its good and everything, but I can't understand why Americans see a reason to import water from Norway, when I'm sure you'd have a perfectly good spring somewhere in your own mountains. The water from Voss, though, is really good. I've always noticed how "sparkling" and fresh the water at my grandparent's place is.

As for sparkling water, I only drink one type called Farris. It's from a very mineral rich spring, thus resulting in a distinct taste, and the sparkles are very sharp with a definitive punch. It leaves me refreshened, and is a vital component in my cure for hangovers.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
tap water

Probably more minerals, from those old NYC water pipes, than in Pelligrino.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to get san pellegrino in bulk; the 6 bottle cases. I only ever finish one bottle per week at most and it goes flat near the end. Are there any stoppers that work for the SP bottles and keep it from going flat? I know about those vacuum wine stoppers, but I'm not sure if they could handle the pressure buildup.

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
I want to get san pellegrino in bulk; the 6 bottle cases. I only ever finish one bottle per week at most and it goes flat near the end. Are there any stoppers that work for the SP bottles and keep it from going flat? I know about those vacuum wine stoppers, but I'm not sure if they could handle the pressure buildup.

Use a Champagne bottle stopper like this one:
http://www.barrelsandbottles.co.uk/a.../stoppers.html

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pellegrino, but I like Apollinaris much more than those. Its a bit more aggressive with the minerality.

Ryan Graber

Reaction score
Go to costco a case of 12 is about 12 bucks, and they frequently have 3& off coupons putting it under $.75 a bottle.
smile.gif
that is what allows me to go through 2-3 bottles a day. Oh yes, the Costco people do look at my funny when i'm carting out 10 cases.

shasta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ryan Graber
which do you prefer?
I go with Pellegrino for drinking during the day, and use Voss as more of a night-time or desert water.

Is it more humorous that instead of dessert you typed desert? Or that you're actually a big enough clown to have a specific water in mind by time of day?

Ryan Graber

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shasta
Is it more humorous that instead of dessert you typed desert? Or that you're actually a big enough clown to have a specific water in mind by time of day?

I find it funny you care about spelling
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads