• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

dsoren

Reaction score

Does anyone know how the Wings + Horns West Point Chinos and Rag & Bone Chinos compare to Unis Chinos? In terms of fit, construction, quality, etc.
Which Rag & Bone chinos are you referring to? The RB15X? They have several different fits... I would say that the W+H chinos are very comparable to the Unis chinos in terms of fit, construction and quality. Obviously the W+H chinos have a shorter inseam, when you look at the details Unis chinos may have slightly nicer construction but the W+H chinos have nicer fabric IMO. Honestly I love both of them but the W+H chinos are a bit of a better value in my opinion, I prefer the fabric as well over the Unis. I have a pair of R&B RB15X bone chinos that I hate, stitch work is terrible and they are overpriced (like most R&B stuff). Also don't like the fit that much, don't find it that flattering...

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I bought a couple pairs of these. They fit really well and are much better quality
Nice. Any fit pics? I've been wondering about these and I like the pics here but it's always helpful to see real-life pics.
Which Rag & Bone chinos are you referring to? The RB15X? They have several different fits... ... I have a pair of R&B RB15X bone chinos that I hate, stitch work is terrible and they are overpriced (like most R&B stuff). Also don't like the fit that much, don't find it that flattering...
Definitely right that the quality really varies depending on the model. The RB15 chinos I've seen lately haven't impressed me. But I have two pairs of the Blade pants from a few years back that I love. Fabric is really nice (heavy and soft), stitching is super clean, and fit is nice and slim. I think the current Blades can be pretty nice as well. I also really like the skinny chinos they just came out with. Checked them out in store and the fabric and cut looked really good.

HAL 9000

Reaction score
Which Rag & Bone chinos are you referring to? The RB15X? They have several different fits...

I would say that the W+H chinos are very comparable to the Unis chinos in terms of fit, construction and quality. Obviously the W+H chinos have a shorter inseam, when you look at the details Unis chinos may have slightly nicer construction but the W+H chinos have nicer fabric IMO. Honestly I love both of them but the W+H chinos are a bit of a better value in my opinion, I prefer the fabric as well over the Unis.

I have a pair of R&B RB15X bone chinos that I hate, stitch work is terrible and they are overpriced (like most R&B stuff). Also don't like the fit that much, don't find it that flattering...

Thanks very much for the information. At full retail, the Unis Chinos are much more expensive than the W + H Chinos. Now, I'm going to invest in a few pair of W + H before I do with Unis.

dsoren

Reaction score

Thanks very much for the information. At full retail, the Unis Chinos are much more expensive than the W + H Chinos. Now, I'm going to invest in a few pair of W + H before I do with Unis.
I wouldn't say "much more expensive." Unis chinos are around $230 and Wings are around $200. I would honestly buy one pair of each and see which one you like better. Like I said, they are both pretty great. Unis has quite a few colors and sizes from Spring on sale on their website right now...
Definitely right that the quality really varies depending on the model. The RB15 chinos I've seen lately haven't impressed me. But I have two pairs of the Blade pants from a few years back that I love. Fabric is really nice (heavy and soft), stitching is super clean, and fit is nice and slim. I think the current Blades can be pretty nice as well. I also really like the skinny chinos they just came out with. Checked them out in store and the fabric and cut looked really good.
Yeah I need to try some of the blade chinos. FWIW, I'm not trying to be a R&B hater at all - I have quite a few of their pieces and think they are great. Just bought a jacket by them today in fact. I just think that the quality on some pieces is better than others, and some of the pieces are worth the prices while some aren't.

HAL 9000

Reaction score
In my area, they're much more expensive. At full retail, Unis runs at about 230-265 CAD and W + H runs at about 165 CAD. But once either pair goes on sale, they go fast. I find it hard to fork over 150 + on a pair of chinos at the moment.

ahe

Reaction score
I wanted to give a shout out to the Brooks Brothers Advantage Chino in the Milano Fit + Clarks fit. FYI I'm 5'8", 135 lb's

The milano chino's looks great, the legs are slim and slightly tapered. The clark's legs are straight, have a higher rise, and are more comfortable to sit at a desk.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah I need to try some of the blade chinos. FWIW, I'm not trying to be a R&B hater at all - I have quite a few of their pieces and think they are great. Just bought a jacket by them today in fact. I just think that the quality on some pieces is better than others, and some of the pieces are worth the prices while some aren't.

I know exactly what you mean. Quality is definitely not consistent. I find myself feeling disappointed with some of their stuff (like the RB15 chinos you mentioned) and then finding pieces here and there that are great. Last week I saw two shirts that seemed incredibly overpriced, then I found two pairs of wool pants and a blazer that are now on my kop list. Not sure exactly what's going on over there, but it seems like they've started an unofficial diffusion line.

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Other than norse projects, blanc & noir, W+H, what are good SKINNY not slim khakis? leg opening 6.5-6.75 that is.... Its extremely difficult to find them.

dsoren

Reaction score

I know exactly what you mean. Quality is definitely not consistent. I find myself feeling disappointed with some of their stuff (like the RB15 chinos you mentioned) and then finding pieces here and there that are great. Last week I saw two shirts that seemed incredibly overpriced, then I found two pairs of wool pants and a blazer that are now on my kop list. Not sure exactly what's going on over there, but it seems like they've started an unofficial diffusion line.

I just think they have gotten so big that it's hard to keep all of the quality in check. That being said I kopped the Ptarmigan jacket the other day and it is sick...

Other than norse projects, blanc & noir, W+H, what are good SKINNY not slim khakis? leg opening 6.5-6.75 that is.... Its extremely difficult to find them.

The leg openings on my W+H chinos in size 28 measure around 7". 6.5" is awfully slim...that being said I know that APC has made some super slim chinos in the past. Topman also makes "skinny" chinos that are super cheap...although they look mad uncomfortable and may interfere with your ability to have children.

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Quote:
Has anyone bought the IOU Project Chinos? Really curious about the fit/quality
smile.gif
Quote:
I bought a couple pairs of these. They fit really well and are much better quality

I just got a pair and really like them. Narrower leg (maybe 7~ at ankle) than JCrew Bowery cut or Incotex, with a slightly lower rise. Good quality cotton, nice weight, soft finish and solid buttons. Garment dyed so they're a little rustic. There are funny tags all over the inside promoting their traceable stories. Cool idea but a little overkill imo. I got the medium blue. Might get the tan, too.

Last edited:

JosiahS

Reaction score
Sounds good. I expected to hear good things from them. The tags on the inside seem like a neat idea, i think you can also inter your clothing item on their site and see who made it. Which i don't care to do but i guess it kinda adds to my opinion that IOU has a passion for what they do.

A negative for me though is that i thought they were 89 USD but they recently added the euro sign which kinda irritated me.,.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
probably a stupid question but whats some nice footwear i can wear with with my (black n khaki) chinos besides cp's?

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think any leather shoes or dress boots should work. Did you have something more specific in mind? I'm wearing chocolate suede PS brogue boots right now with my khaki R&B blade chinos if that helps any.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah thanks dude. im just havin a hard time moving away from sneakers, im ready to drop some dough and the only thing I've found that I like and can see myself wearing with my usual w+h chinos and dh 19cm jeans are the Alden Jumper boots but they seem to be sold out everywhere.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hear ya. You get used to seeing one thing and it gets hard to adjust to something different. But jeans and chinos are easy, so any footwear you like will probably work.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads