• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BearA

Reaction score
Dear Mr Löf & Tung,

My dearest thanks for for a very pleasant trunkshow! Free beer, nice chaps and fabulous shoes!! On top of a pressing week at the office this was pure magic! My condolences to all those wanting to participate but couldn't due time, geographical limitations or other irritating facts from the reality. The event turned out to be a little more expensive than expected, but like the old Swedish saying reads; "the shroud has no pockets". I'm now impatiently awaits the calendar to move on to the delivery of my order.

May your excellent establishment live for a long time and please coming generations as well!

Iotapa

Reaction score
So would anyone else be in for a pair of camel leather Gessis?

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Dear Mr Löf & Tung,

My dearest thanks for for a very pleasant trunkshow! Free beer, nice chaps and fabulous shoes!! On top of a pressing week at the office this was pure magic! My condolences to all those wanting to participate but couldn't due time, geographical limitations or other irritating facts from the reality. The event turned out to be a little more expensive than expected, but like the old Swedish saying reads; "the shroud has no pockets". I'm now impatiently awaits the calendar to move on to the delivery of my order.

May your excellent establishment live for a long time and please coming generations as well!

Thank you kindly for participating and your kind words!

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Leaves I’m not sure if you’re the CEO of Skoakiebolaget but you’re the one I see on here responding to inquiries so here you go.

I’m new to your concept store Skoakibolaget and have observed this thread for a while before attempting to contact your shop.

First time I tried to do so I called the telephone number on the website numerous times without any response. I tried sending an email to the email address listed and got an automated response. After several days, someone returned the email with a response to my inquiry.

I sent back a query in response and yet after another few days, yet another person returned my email and I had to go over my story all over again. After that response, I returned a query and got no response at all.

I let a few weeks pass and made another inquiry regarding an MTO order. I received a rather short answer to which I responded and yet again, total silence. crickets!

The point I’m trying to make is: when one is spending (in my case) almost $1,500 on a pair of MTO shoes, particularly remotely, they want to get it right. And that’s why they go through retailers like yourself paying a premium, as opposed to say, going directly to the manufacturer or company.

People like me are willing to pay that premium for peace of mind, your attention and good counsel. I also believe that attention to customers and good customer service is what got Skoak where it is today.

I just hope you don’t become a victim of your own success as you grow so busy that you have “no time” for folks who wish to hand you $1,500 for a pair of custom made (MTO) shoes.

Alan Bee

dangerous

Reaction score
@Leaves I’m not sure if you’re the CEO of Skoakiebolaget but you’re the one I see on here responding to inquiries so here you go.

I’m new to your concept store Skoakibolaget and have observed this thread for a while before attempting to contact your shop.

First time I tried to do so I called the telephone number on the website numerous times without any response. I tried sending an email to the email address listed and got an automated response. After several days, someone returned the email with a response to my inquiry.

I sent back a query in response and yet after another few days, yet another person returned my email and I had to go over my story all over again. After that response, I returned a query and got no response at all.

I let a few weeks pass and made another inquiry regarding an MTO order. I received a rather short answer to which I responded and yet again, total silence. crickets!

The point I’m trying to make is: when one is spending (in my case) almost $1,500 on a pair of MTO shoes, particularly remotely, they want to get it right. And that’s why they go through retailers like yourself paying a premium, as opposed to say, going directly to the manufacturer or company.

People like me are willing to pay that premium for peace of mind, your attention and good counsel. I also believe that attention to customers and good customer service is what got Skoak where it is today.

I just hope you don’t become a victim of your own success as you grow so busy that you have “no time” for folks who wish to hand you $1,500 for a pair of custom made (MTO) shoes.

Alan Bee

Hi Alan!

I don't work for Skoaktiebolaget, but that is the complete opposite of my experience. The store is closed on sundays and open just a few hours during saturday. Time zones can affect the reply times, but I always get replies the same day or the next day - but I live a few miles away so there's no time zone issues.

Great time meeting @Leaves for the first time. Great laughs, good knowledge and a really cool make up is coming in 4 months :)

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Alan Bee

Wow, I have reached out to Skoak 5-6 times in the last year and have never waited more than 36-48 hours for a response.

Also, why do you sign your posts when it's identical to your username?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd also chime in that my experience has been quite the opposite, and for far less than $1500. Admittedly, I've never tried phoning, but I've only ever waited more than 24ish hours when placing an email on a Friday evening.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll also chime in and say that I've always received quick (24 hours tops) and thorough (a lot of sizing assistance from them) feedback via email from the Skoak team.

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Alan!

I don't work for Skoaktiebolaget, but that is the complete opposite of my experience. The store is closed on sundays and open just a few hours during saturday. Time zones can affect the reply times, but I always get replies the same day or the next day - but I live a few miles away so there's no time zone issues.

Great time meeting @Leaves for the first time. Great laughs, good knowledge and a really cool make up is coming in 4 months :)

I must be quite unfortunate then. On two separate occasions, I've tried to communicate via email. First time it was aborted and I assumed ok, these things happen. But twice??

Anyways, I only even tried to approach Skoak based on the glowing reviews on here and the general sense of satisfaction with their customer service. Which is all the more why I'm left a bit puzzled.

And no, I don't live close-by the store. I live in a far away desert.

Last edited:

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I must be quite unfortunate then. On two separate occasions, I've tried to communicate via email. First time it was aborted and I assumed ok, these things happen. But twice??

Anyways, I only even tried to approach Skoak based on the glowing reviews on here and the general sense of satisfaction with their customer service. Which is all the more why I'm left a bit puzzled.

That's very odd. They almost always get back to me within a day, and given the difference in time zones I think that's more than adequate.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hello, sorry to hear that. We are open weekdays 10.00 - 18.00 and Saturdays 11.00 - 16.00 (Central European Time). Phone is only answered during these hours. We are not a huge online company, we’re a regular brick and mortar store with an online store extension. If you provide me with your name or a case ID in a PM I will look further into this case.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone own both the field boot from Löf & Tung and Carlos Santos? Wonder how they compare quality and construction wise.

For instance, how supple is the shaft leather/suede and does the L&T boot have a bellows tongue just like CS has?

L&T seems to have the better finished sole edges of the two, and a faux toe cap just like the original Galway.

Also, CS seems to have more of a heel cup than L&T, how does this affect the fit?

Lof-_-Tung-Kingsley-15294-Oak-Calf-Brown-Suede-T-Last-2.jpg

Carlos-Santos-9156-Brown-Grain-Chestnut-316-Last-3.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads