• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Leaves Am I remembering correctly that you said that you expect some more of the January Bonafés to arrive next week? Thanks!

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

It's a vendor thread, so why not expound a bit on new options from a new manufacturer on offer?

I am going to try them, but it is good to know that my expectations for reduced wear should be tempered.

You are right, pictures of shoes and descriptions of possible shoes are why we really visit!

Saint Crispin's - a few sole options and customization samples. I have not quoted any surcharges because these may change in the near future. StC is looking into maybe increased prices (not confirmed).

An example of a Dainite sole - no extra surcharge although this was made with a Norvegese welt and this incurs a surcharge. I have to say that I've never seen a Dainite looking this damned good, they really do an amazing job.

An example of a Vibram topy type sole, allows for initials and brass pegged tips.

An example of a Yoyo rubber sole. This is quickly becoming a favorite of mine, very comfy and great traction.

Standard 8 mm leather sole (GE8). Also available as 6 mm (GE6) and 10 mm (GE10).

GE10 leather sole. Beautifully tapered to the waist without losing any balance aesthetically, as opposed to Edward Green HA/F soles which I'm not a fan of to be honest.

Norvegese to ball and Dainite rubber sole, 12 mm.

Brass pegged tips. In order to these to have any effect on durability I've been told that they must be placed very close to the tip, which is the case here.

Metal toe tips.

Advanced monogram. Skoaktiebolaget crown logo in this case. Most people go for the two letter monogram though.

Black sole for a dressy look.

Classic last.

Riva last.

Chiseled last.

The sole options are almost endless with StC, note that this is just a very small selection.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@Leaves
  Am I remembering correctly that you said that you expect some more of the January Bonafés to arrive next week? Thanks!

Hope to start sending these out mid next week.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saint Crispin's - a few sole options and customization samples. I have not quoted any surcharges because these may change in the near future. StC is looking into maybe increased prices (not confirmed).

An example of a Dainite sole - no extra surcharge although this was made with a Norvegese welt and this incurs a surcharge. I have to say that I've never seen a Dainite looking this damned good, they really do an amazing job.

An example of a Vibram topy type sole, allows for initials and brass pegged tips.

An example of a Yoyo rubber sole. This is quickly becoming a favorite of mine, very comfy and great traction.

Standard 8 mm leather sole (GE8). Also available as 6 mm (GE6) and 10 mm (GE10).

GE10 leather sole. Beautifully tapered to the waist without losing any balance aesthetically, as opposed to Edward Green HA/F soles which I'm not a fan of to be honest.

Norvegese to ball and Dainite rubber sole, 12 mm.

Brass pegged tips. In order to these to have any effect on durability I've been told that they must be placed very close to the tip, which is the case here.

Metal toe tips.

Advanced monogram. Skoaktiebolaget crown logo in this case. Most people go for the two letter monogram though.

Black sole for a dressy look.

Classic last.

Riva last.

Chiseled last.

The sole options are almost endless with StC, note that this is just a very small selection.
That is a great overview of some of the basic lasts, and soles/options!!!

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a vendor thread, so why not expound a bit on new options from a new manufacturer on offer?

I am going to try them, but it is good to know that my expectations for reduced wear should be tempered.

You are right, pictures of shoes and descriptions of possible shoes are why we really visit!

I was just being cautions not to let this go out of hand and become another shoe construction flame war.

@Leaves

Thank you for providing examples of St.C sole options.

I have discovered that my feet and body do not like big heels such as case of heels with double leather soles. I like HAF soles but double leather soles with a big heels are just uncomfortable.

striker

Reaction score
I didn't realize until you brought up the point that double leather soles also had thicker heels. I thought with double soles, they only meant an extra layer of leather in the front.

I always thought that heavier heels were because of a 360 welt.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize until you brought up the point that double leather soles also had thicker heels. I thought with double soles, they only meant an extra layer of leather in the front.

I always thought that heavier heels were because of a 360 welt.

I have Dover (brandy willow GMTO) with double leather soles. I do not think this is made on on 360 welt. I might be wrong.

willsgillen

Reaction score

The other thread with Burgundy museum MTO seems dead in water, even though we are missing just 1 more participant.

I am ok with colour, prefer rain last.

If this or other MTO never materializes, just have to wait for skoat to restock.

I can't really picture what museum calf would look like directly apposed to scotch grain calf that's not museum. Anyone have a pic that could help?

willsgillen

Reaction score

Carmina-80391-Burgundy-Museum-Calf-Adelaide-01_1024x1024.jpg
We are trying to MTO like this Adelaide in burgundy museum.
I understand. My initial proposition, however, was to contrast plain calf in the listed color with scotch grain calf of the same color. I'm not sure how museum calf will look contrasted with the cap and fixings made of similarly colored scotch grain calf. If I could see some side to side it may change my mind. In addition, I know Carmina isn't big on design changes, but I think a heel counter would really make a great shoe. If that's not possible, that's fine too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads