• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
I already have a pair in Giamaica and one in Plum incoming. I would prefer something in brown, preferably a dark shade (I'm fine with museum) as I've planned on this kind of make up for a while now (was initially going with Vass).

Bracken, #3 from left: http://cdn.styleforum.net/3/32/328ab4a1_MUSEUM.jpeg
Bolet in this picture: http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0277/2511/products/DSC_9523_1024x1024.jpg?v=1411638432

My personal opinion is that Bracken and Bolet are to bright of this make up. So either dark brown museum or plum museum for me, depending how my incoming shoes in plum turns out.
Which one is to the right of Bracken, over top of it?

I'd be all over that.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@Leaves can EB do heavy stitching on their jumper boots, ala Frankenstitch?

Sorry, no. We actually had someone ask this before but it's a no go. They don't know how to replicate the actual stitch. They do have a U-wing boot, like the Carmina one, because we had someone request it as MTO, so they made up the pattern.

Last edited:

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, no. We actually had someone ask this before but it's a no go. They don't know how to replicate the actual stitch. They do have a U-wing boot, like the Carmina one, because we had someone request it as MTO, so they made up the pattern.
Thanks for the information. Will have to wait for when Carmina finds more shell for us then. All part of the fun :)

Did that u wing boot push through as an MTO or a GMTO? I imagine it wouldnt be too difficult to get 2 more folks to jump in on that make up as the Carmina U-Wing boot was a winner.

Im hoping in the future the can make a pattern for a split toe boot or a tanker boot.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Will have to wait for when Carmina finds more shell for us then. All part of the fun :)

Did that u wing boot push through as an MTO or a GMTO? I imagine it wouldnt be too difficult to get 2 more folks to jump in on that make up as the Carmina U-Wing boot was a winner.

Im hoping in the future the can make a pattern for a split toe boot or a tanker boot.

They can make just about any pattern, it's just a matter of cost. We just learned this a few weeks ago. For a surcharge of about 2000 SEK (plus the normal MTO fee), they can make up almost any pattern as long as they know a the techniques involved for such a pattern (unlike the Frankensttich).

striker

Reaction score

They can make just about any pattern, it's just a matter of cost. We just learned this a few weeks ago. For a surcharge of about 2000 SEK (plus the normal MTO fee), they can make up almost any pattern as long as they know a the techniques involved for such a pattern (unlike the Frankensttich).

Will they be able to replicate the boar bristle split toe style of EG and G&G?

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If Bonafe could make something like this on 804 last in shell would anybody be interested?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics