• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:I have a general aversion to Clemson fans but I'll endeavor to help in the name of good shoes. Do you have any Carmina currently? If so, do you have anything on the Forest or Soller last? I personally like the look of the wingtip more but I have a hard time with the instep on the Forest last. If that last fits you that would be my preference.
Haha, why's that? Our fans typically get great feedback from other fan bases, but we all have some obnoxious tools. I'd like to think I'm not one of those. : ) I'm leaving towards the wingtip as well, and (grasp) I've been very close to pulling the trigger on the Crockett and Jones Skye 3 or Coniston which are similar boots and at a great value given the pound's exchange rate with the USD. I don't have Carmina in either of those lasts, so yeah I'm shooting in the dark. I do have the Oscar in a cap toe boot and it fits me great. I like both of these. Wish I could try these on before purchasing, but that's out of the question.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, why's that? Our fans typically get great feedback from other fan bases, but we all have some obnoxious tools. I'd like to think I'm not one of those. : )

I'm leaving towards the wingtip as well, and (grasp) I've been very close to pulling the trigger on the Crockett and Jones Skye 3 or Coniston which are similar boots and at a great value given the pound's exchange rate with the USD. I don't have Carmina in either of those lasts, so yeah I'm shooting in the dark. I do have the Oscar in a cap toe boot and it fits me great. I like both of these. Wish I could try these on before purchasing, but that's out of the question.
Let's just say that my favorite colors are garnet and black.
bigstar[1].gif

Your internal boot debate is the exact same debate that I had with myself last year. I ended up with a Carmina CXL wingtip on the Llubi last. In retrospect, that's a very casual last and I probably would have been happier with something a bit more sleek. Talk to the folks at Skoak. If you fit well in an Oscar boot they will be able to tell you how the Forest and Soller will feel. I'm thinking the Forest will be similar but don't quote me on that.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's just say that my favorite colors are garnet and black.
bigstar%5B1%5D.gif

Your internal boot debate is the exact same debate that I had with myself last year. I ended up with a Carmina CXL wingtip on the Llubi last. In retrospect, that's a very casual last and I probably would have been happier with something a bit more sleek. Talk to the folks at Skoak. If you fit well in an Oscar boot they will be able to tell you how the Forest and Soller will feel. I'm thinking the Forest will be similar but don't quote me on that.

Ah, so now it comes out. I actually suspected you were a gamecock fan. Thanks for helping a CU guy out.

Would your answer change to the cap toe if I told you that I have a C&J Pembroke shortwing in tan grain coming? I suspect that these two would over lap in color, although obviously the Carmina is a boot version. Having said that, I've been on a cap toe run lately, so the cap toe would likely overlap in color with something I have as well. I've been emailing with the folks at Skoak some, so I'll try to narrow it down a bit more. I like both, but purchasing both is not an option.

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dumb Q maybe, my Bick4 got pretty watery over the hot summer. Is that a write-off or normal? No, haven't tried yet to put it in the fridge and see how that goes. (Just sprang to mind. Oh, and I'm happy to email this question to the kind gents at SkoAB, too. J/k. ;) )

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Dumb Q maybe, my Bick4 got pretty watery over the hot summer. Is that a write-off or normal? No, haven't tried yet to put it in the fridge and see how that goes. (Just sprang to mind. Oh, and I'm happy to email this question to the kind gents at SkoAB, too. J/k. ;) )

Sorry, never heard of that before. It very rarely climbs over 25 degrees Centigrade / 77 Fahrenheit here in Sweden.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No kidding. That CS split toe already sold out in a few sizes (including my size). That style is too great, love the grain model and if it wasn't sold out I'd seriously have to consider checking it out.

Need a dark brown or snuff suede shade of brown in that style. GMTO anyone?....
@Burzan I am in for a snuff or even dark brown hatch grain.

@Leaves what is the minimum for CS GMTO?

Thanks,

DL-

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, so now it comes out. I actually suspected you were a gamecock fan. Thanks for helping a CU guy out.

Would your answer change to the cap toe if I told you that I have a C&J Pembroke shortwing in tan grain coming? I suspect that these two would over lap in color, although obviously the Carmina is a boot version. Having said that, I've been on a cap toe run lately, so the cap toe would likely overlap in color with something I have as well. I've been emailing with the folks at Skoak some, so I'll try to narrow it down a bit more. I like both, but purchasing both is not an option.

I think I'd still be resolute in my fandom of the wingtips. Those Pembrokes are cool but I wouldn't consider them overlapping. I haven't seen them in person but it appears that the Carminas are slightly lighter in color. Plus, boots versus shoes, Scotch grain versus Tarnsjo, and Spanish versus English. Plenty of differences.
smile.gif

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No kidding. That CS split toe already sold out in a few sizes (including my size). That style is too great, love the grain model and if it wasn't sold out I'd seriously have to consider checking it out.

Need a dark brown or snuff suede shade of brown in that style. GMTO anyone?....

@Burzan
 I am in for a snuff or even dark brown hatch grain. 

@Leaves
 what is the minimum for CS GMTO?

Thanks,

DL-

8 is required

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry, never heard of that before. It very rarely climbs over 25 degrees Centigrade / 77 Fahrenheit here in Sweden.

We had peaks of near 40° Cs here this summer and I made the mistake of leaving it in the car in between. As for, very good stuff for leather steering wheels and interior, no shiny or sticky residue. I tell the car wash/cleaning gents to use it over their house brand stuff (Sonax).
Hmm, seems though as if I have to get a replacement. Or ask the Bickmore guys directly.

Last edited:

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's fine since I'm not spending money right now, but noticing that there are not many 11 UKs in the new arrivals. Is this a trend that will continue?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Burzan I am in for a snuff or even dark brown hatch grain.

@Leaves what is the minimum for CS GMTO?

Thanks,

DL-

I don't believe a hatch grain would be an option, leathers are here. http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/pages/carlos-santos

I am thinking the following after checking out the swatches:

Split toe derby
234 last
Coffee, Snuff, or Mink Suede
Dainite branded soles
Flat welt
brown edge dressing (Maybe lighten up the edge if going with snuff)

@Leaves , seems all the CS suede offerings are under different names than the swatches, are any of the current models made up in coffee or snuff suede, might be nice to see the colors on a made up shoe.

Last edited:

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't believe a hatch grain would be an option, leathers are here. http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/pages/carlos-santos

I am thinking the following after checking out the swatches:

Split toe derby
234 last
Coffee Suede (I feel this color as it could strike a great balance between casual and business casual wear imo)
Dainite branded soles
Flat welt
brown edge dressing

@Leaves , seems all the CS suede offerings are under different names than the swatches, are any of the current models made up in coffee or snuff suede, might be nice to see the colors on a made up shoe.
I would be out on coffee suede I just bought my first pair of EG Dover's in Mink suede. Oak pebble or even just dark brown calf would be good too. They also have a snuff suede as you mentioned earlier.

DL-

Last edited:

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be out on coffee suede I just bought my first pair of EG Dover's in Mink suede. Oak pebble or even just dark brown calf would be good too. They also have a snuff suede as you mentioned earlier.

DL-

Yeah I would be open to snuff or mink suede as well, let me edit the post. I feel like it would be killer in basically any suede. I think I would pass on the grain because I have the grain monks and now the dark brown grain field boots on preorder.

Actually wearing my CS monks today.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I would be open to snuff or mink suede as well, let me edit the post. I feel like it would be killer in basically any suede. I think I would pass on the grain because I have the grain monks and now the dark brown grain field boots on preorder.

Actually wearing my CS monks today.

Nice. How stiff are they (the Santos)? I had to give up on Meermin because they are just way to rigid. Are they softer like a C&J or rigid like Meermin?

Thanks,

DL-

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads