• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I spent a day at the Enzo Bonafe factory last week, spent most of the time just poring over old patterns and leathers. Such an amazing place to visit, unfortunately one day is just too short, I could spend a week there at least. I found some really, really nice leathers that we will now start to offer as MTOs and GMTOs.

The material I'm most excited about is the marbled heavy grain, the origin is not 100% clear. The leather is from the early 90's. We're going to call it "Oak Museum Grain" but the technical name is "Polo 618". We have enough for about 10 pairs of shoes or about 8 boots. First come, first served.

Then we have another treat, I found some vintage Ilcea grain in three colors; Oak, Cognac and Burgundy. Now, this stuff is special as the old Ilcea went bankrupt a few years ago and was then bought up by Conceria Vecchia Toscana but as far as I know the old Ilcea tannery is closed and the Ilcea branded stuff we see today is actually produced at Conceria Vecchia Toscana. This "Vintage Ilcea Grain" leather is dated to 1991, we found the old invoice for the leather so this is verified.

Cognac

Oak

Burgundy (very limited)

And then, the most rare is a leather that's about 40 years old, tannery is not confirmed but Guerrina Bonafè (Enzo's wife and the head of the leather department and pattern making) says it is from the mid 1970s. It is special stuff for sure, a bit extreme and not for everyone. It is a type of hand folded leather. I've never seen anything like it before. We have enough for only one pair for each type (burgundy and brown).

Hope you like the new offerings and selections. Please email [email protected] for assistance.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone up for a GMTO of Style reference 2475MOD on the 74945 last in that museum grain leather?

This
in that leather. With our without the norvegese stitching. Open to their leathers too.

Last edited:

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Patrik.
Are there any upcharges on any of these leathers?
I'm assuming all are calf?
May I propose a chukka or boot gmto for the marbled heavy grain, and the oak or cognac Ilcea grain.
Any ideas anyone?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

May I propose a chukka or boot gmto for the marbled heavy grain, and the oak or cognac Ilcea grain.
Any ideas anyone?

There's no surcharge on any of these.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any ideas anyone?

I'd be in on a chukka or jumper boot on the marbled leather. Preferably the 363 MOD or 74945 last with Dainite or a topy.

supern0va

Reaction score

Anyone up for a GMTO of Style reference 2475MOD on the 74945 last in that museum grain leather?

This
in that leather. With our without the norvegese stitching. Open to their leathers too.

@watchidiot I'm interested, especially with a genuine dainite sole which I think skoakB is offering with its gmto jumper boot that's still open I think. Norvegese is ok with me, preferably chained with closely cut outsole.

Wondering if it is possible to get a reverse/skin stitch split toe with this design. @Leaves

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@watchidiot I'm interested, especially with a genuine dainite sole which I think skoakB is offering with its gmto jumper boot that's still open I think. Norvegese is ok with me, preferably chained with closely cut outsole.

Wondering if it is possible to get a reverse/skin stitch split toe with this design. @Leaves

Yes, genuine Dainite is now available if specified in a MTO or GMTO.

The "Museum Grain" can be made with the skin stitch, yes.

SteveL91

Reaction score

Any ideas anyone?

I would definitely love to see some ideas for the marbled heavy grain. I'd prefer a non-chukka, but I'm fine with a boot. I'm thinking an austerity brogue or a balway? But I'm pretty flexible.

I could also be interested in a makeup in the oak or cognac Ilcea, though I don't really have anything particular in mind.

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Skoaktiebolaget helps to deliver cool leathers, yet again.

With limited quantities of some of these leathers, I suppose moving quickly and not waiting for GMTO ideas could be wise.

hmlarsson

Reaction score
Any ideas anyone?

I'm in on a chukka for the "Oak Museum Grain". As long it is on the 74945 or 363MOD last.

mbaltazar

Reaction score

I would definitely love to see some ideas for the marbled heavy grain. I'd prefer a non-chukka, but I'm fine with a boot. I'm thinking an austerity brogue or a balway? But I'm pretty flexible.

I could also be interested in a makeup in the oak or cognac Ilcea, though I don't really have anything particular in mind.

I'm in for a Balway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads