• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is because Horween has had real problems with dying their hatch grain, and yet haven't round a solution that make the color stay when being scratched or treated. Actually Gaziano & Girling strip all of their hatch grain leather down completely, and then redo the coloring themselves. They could basically order the hatch grain in just one color. This is probably why Leaves find the G&G hatch grain looking so different from Carminas.
That's interesting, can you tell me what you learned?

I see. Well you get what you paid for. I was very disappointed with both AS and Pediwear. Pediwear did not believe me and claimed that this was very unlikely to happen as the shoes would have been inspected first at the factory and then by Pediwear before the shipment. This clearly did not happen. I am putting my hatch grain purchases on hold for the time being. Right now I am interested more in pin grain or alpine grain colors.

ajop

Reaction score
Hi,

I was just wondering when the Enzo Bonafé Chukkas will arrive?

Thanks in advance!

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Damn the first one looks nice.Is that burgundy leaves?Would love a similar design in maybe cognac 

Please e-mail us at [email protected] and we'll make sure to send you some sample pics of cognac colored leathers. Bonafé has some really nice choices (and many) when it comes to picking the color.

Sure thing Leaves! 

Edit: Oh man those soles, simply gorgeous! I think a second MTO is in order :)

Very nice! Great selection, Leaves.

That's an impressive set of new additions for sure.

Epic! Black soles are great. Pricing is really affordable as well.

I really like those captoes. BEAUTIFUL

Thanks for all the positive feedback, really appreciate it guys. I think a good fitting guide would help propel the brand here on SF, IMO Bonafé has huge potential.

Hi,

I was just wondering when the Enzo Bonafé Chukkas will arrive?

Thanks in advance!

These were unfortunately delayed (or led astray rather) by UPS and arrived only this afternoon, I will try to post pictures of these during Tuesday or Wednesday.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cant wait to hear the sizing information. I have no knowledge of Bonafe but it looks aesthetically pleasing and the price is between Carmina and GG. Kind of reminds me of AS. I have one pair of AS and I love those boots. I cant wait to hear peoples experience with these shoes.

Keen

Reaction score
Thats great! Leaves, could you post pictures here of the colours available as we already have the quota of 3 required

Problem is that timing is awful now, too many expenses (and I just picked up that Carmina MTO). :( So, I'm not able to participate right now, maybe next month but then my Galway MTO arrives. Gah.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Enzo Bonafé fitting guide

As promised, here is a short fitting guide for Enzo Bonafé, I hope this helps. Of course, you can always e-mail us for further fitting advise at [email protected].

Enzo Bonafé 363 last (round classic last)
This last fits similar to Carmina Forest although it has a higher instep and a tighter toebox. A high instep would be ideal for a good fit.
General recommendation: Stick to the same size as Carmina Forest but keep in mind that the instep is high.

Enzo Bonafé 2102 last (soft square last)
This last fits similar to Carmina Rain. It has a generous instep and the toebox is roomier than on the 363.
General recommendation: Stick to the same size as Carmina Rain.

Enzo Bonafé 946 last (chiseled last)
This last fits very similar to Carmina Rain in almost every regard. Just like the Carmina Rain, it is a generous last.
General recommendation: Stick to the same size as Carmina Rain.

For reference, this is what me and my store manager wears:

Patrik
Carmina Rain: UK 11
Carmina Forest: UK 11.5
Carmina Simpson: UK 11.5
Edward Green: UK 11.5 F (82, 888, 606)
Gaziano & Girling: UK 11.5 F (all lasts except TG73)
Enzo Bonafé 363: UK 11.5
Enzo Bonafé 2102: UK 11
Enzo Bonafé 946: UK 11

Gabriel
Carmina Rain: UK 8.5
Carmina Forest: UK 9
Carmina Simpson: UK 9.5
Edward Green: UK 9.5E (82)
Edward Green: UK 9E (888 and 202)
Gaziano & Girling: UK 9.5 F (all lasts)
Enzo Bonafé 363: UK 9
Enzo Bonafé 2102: UK 8.5
Enzo Bonafé 946: UK 8.5

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics