• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Alexander or Leaves, any plan to stock this model from Carmina? Or any possibility of starting a GMTO on this?
900x900px-LL-abbc219d_image.jpeg
We have no plans to stock it, but of course, if six people show interest we're happy to do it for you.

member2000r

Reaction score
Okay now if I propose 2 possible wide feet G&G GMTO
F width or even G width

1. Hove, Oak Hatch Grain, DG70/GG06, double leather sole

2. Oakham, Vintage Cherry body with Burgundy Highland Grain cover, medallion, TG73, single leather sole

I changed my proposal of the Hove to be in DG70 or GG06 coz I feel a smart round toe is in better look with the vertical stitch

Last edited:

anderz

Reaction score

No worries. After all, Norway used to be a part of Sweden. :) And we basically look the same and speak almost the same language (difference is basically they have oil and are filthy rich and we actually have to work for a living :) ).

* lighting my torch and looking for my pitchfork *

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just received Carmina GMTO winter boots, thanks guys from the Skoaktiebolaget. Anybody else got his pair? Want to know opinion, cause having troubles to express mine. I would say Carmina did their job on 3+ from 5 possible and that's why: First impression was good. Really love the leather on the vamps and toes, the color, the welt. The fur is strange, my teddy bear 40 years ago had the same. Better than on Gallways, much worse than on Santonis. Hope it's warm. Then noticed the tough shafts. No, the appearance is good, i would say reminds me llama leather, but only till you touch it. Being soft on the vamp and toes, the leather on the shafts feels like plastic. I wonder why the leather there is different, was that the idea? Is this the result of those problems with the grained leather supply? Let's see how it will age, can't wear it for another 4-5 months. Fit is strange, definitely my size, good width, but a lot of space above the foot in the vamp plus unexpectedly low instep. Look on the pics below, I got he NST boots on the Soller in the same size, and nothing similar. Don't believe this is because of suede on NST. Anyway, these are good winter boots, not as warm or refined as my winter Santonis, but less expensive anyway.
Grained leather on Brekons (left) and Carminas
Spacey vamps These folds on the instep remaining doesn't matter do I stay or sit. Compare with NST boots on the Soller.
Sdolina, have you been wearing these at all. I ma surprised how stiff they are I think I am in a long break in period with these if they break in at all.

Swede66

Reaction score
EG Canterbury in DOAK, 82-last, R1 city rubber sole. MTO from trunk show at SkoAB in March.

Last edited:

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody want to commission a Bonafe austerity brogue on the smart round 804 or the 946? I'd be open to black or some sort of brown.

Also, I really wanted to do an adelaide model in some sort of lighter brown shade, on the chisel toe 946 last or soft chisel 2102 in a style similar to the G&G St. James.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burgundy austerity brogue (for ideas)

Adelaide styles (Auberacy and bonafe MTO)

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anybody want to commission a Bonafe austerity brogue on the smart round 804 or the 946? I'd be open to black or some sort of brown.

Also, I really wanted to do an adelaide model in some sort of lighter brown shade, on the chisel toe 946 last or soft chisel 2102 in a style similar to the G&G St. James.

Anybody want to do a group MTO on this model again? I'm in if we an get another 2 guys. We can even do a different colour?

I am interested. I am also interested in Blake stitching but this is not must have.

Swatches for @laufer.

Hey man we already talked about this I am interested in very light shade what Enzo Bonafe calls Vitello Elise. I would be interested in making this in Blake stitching for ultimate summer shoes.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too light to wear this year though. I wanted something more mid-range

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey man we already talked about this I am interested in very light shade what Enzo Bonafe calls Vitello Elise. I would be interested in making this in Blake stitching for ultimate summer shoes.

I thought Enzo Bonafe were hand welted? Or do they also offer machine stitching?

member2000r

Reaction score
Besides Enzo Bonafe, just to remind I am proposing two G&G GMTO
Personally I prefer to get the Hove although...

1. Hove, Oak Hatch Grain, DG70/GG06, double leather sole

2. Oakham, Vintage Cherry body with Burgundy Highland Grain cover, medallion, TG73, single leather sole

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics