1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. DavidLane

DavidLane Senior member

@Burzan I am in for a snuff or even dark brown hatch grain.

@Leaves what is the minimum for CS GMTO?

Thanks,

DL-

2. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior member

I think I'd still be resolute in my fandom of the wingtips. Those Pembrokes are cool but I wouldn't consider them overlapping. I haven't seen them in person but it appears that the Carminas are slightly lighter in color. Plus, boots versus shoes, Scotch grain versus Tarnsjo, and Spanish versus English. Plenty of differences. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. wurger

wurger Senior member

8 is required

4. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

We had peaks of near 40° Cs here this summer and I made the mistake of leaving it in the car in between. As for, very good stuff for leather steering wheels and interior, no shiny or sticky residue. I tell the car wash/cleaning gents to use it over their house brand stuff (Sonax).
    Hmm, seems though as if I have to get a replacement. Or ask the Bickmore guys directly.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  5. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

It's fine since I'm not spending money right now, but noticing that there are not many 11 UKs in the new arrivals. Is this a trend that will continue?

6. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

6-7 of the new styles launched this season are available in UK 11. In total we have 23 styles in UK 11. Also, we have a lot of GMTOs going on.

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/uk-11

7. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I don't believe a hatch grain would be an option, leathers are here. http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/pages/carlos-santos

I am thinking the following after checking out the swatches:

Split toe derby
    234 last
    Coffee, Snuff, or Mink Suede
    Dainite branded soles
    Flat welt
    brown edge dressing (Maybe lighten up the edge if going with snuff)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

@Leaves , seems all the CS suede offerings are under different names than the swatches, are any of the current models made up in coffee or snuff suede, might be nice to see the colors on a made up shoe.

8. DavidLane

DavidLane Senior member

I would be out on coffee suede I just bought my first pair of EG Dover's in Mink suede. Oak pebble or even just dark brown calf would be good too. They also have a snuff suede as you mentioned earlier.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DL-

9. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Yeah I would be open to snuff or mink suede as well, let me edit the post. I feel like it would be killer in basically any suede. I think I would pass on the grain because I have the grain monks and now the dark brown grain field boots on preorder.

Actually wearing my CS monks today.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. DavidLane

DavidLane Senior member

Nice. How stiff are they (the Santos)? I had to give up on Meermin because they are just way to rigid. Are they softer like a C&J or rigid like Meermin?

Thanks,

DL-

11. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I have not personally tried Meermin but heard they are super hard to break in. These were comfortable right from day 1 and have been keeping my eye on the Skoak CS offerings ever since picking them up.

12. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

Got it. The ones I clicked recently maxed at 10.5, so guess it's just bad luck in sampling.

13. coldinboston

coldinboston Senior member

@Skoaktiebolaget or anyone else who may have experience. How does Hestra fit as compared to Thomas Riemer gloves? From the measurements it appears that they may be slightly larger? I typically wear sz 9 for reimer and they are snug (peccary + cash lined). Mainly want to make sure they are not any smaller. Also what is the color for the cashmere lining? Any help is greatly appreciated

14. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

PSA - GG Canterbury's on Sale and 10 and 10.5 left!

15. Skoaktiebolaget

Skoaktiebolaget Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I have not tried Reimer personally, it depends on how you want your gloves to fit, general recommendation is to have a very snug fit so if your between sizes (after you have measured your hand) the recommendation is to take the smaller one.

For the lining its oatmeal colored cash for Cork and Siena and black cash for Black.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to email us: sales@skoaktiebolaget.se

Kind regards,

Oliver

16. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

Gentlemen,

Any Allen Edmonds owners here? Trying to figure out my size in CS 316 last and/or CS in general.

Thank you in advance

17. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

If your Long Branch in 8D in your signature fits you, go with a 7UK in likely most all CS lasts. Email Skoak for more info, but that Long Branch is a pretty standard fitting last.

If its on the snug side you might want to go 7.5UK for use with thicker socks (assuming your looking at a boot).

1 person likes this.
  18. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

Thanks for your help. The Long Branch in 8D is a little short. 8.5D on the other hand is a little wide. I am looking at the CS two tone GMTO boot and plan to wear medium weight:thicker socks with it. If CS run TTS, then UK 7.5 would be the best option, I guess.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  19. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Your sizing sounds a bit like mine as I found the AE Dalton in 8D a bit too small, I am about an 8.25D TTS and wear a snug 8D in the AE 5 last and an 8.5D in the 1 last. I went with the UK7.5 in the CS 316 last too as I wanted to wear with thicker socks. I think should work out good.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    1 person likes this.