• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
So are you just waiting a week to see how many orders you have by then and will then decide if the Walkton will be able to be posted as well? I have been contacted by more people already with interest in that too!

Walkton in Rosewood Kudu / Deep Vintage Cherry GMTO

Specs:
Price: ~ 8800 SEK ex-vat or over? (kudu upcharge?)
Model: Walkton
Color: Rosewood Kudu / Deep Vintage Cherry
Last: MH71 or TG73
Sole: Oak Bark Sole
Lining: Rioja or Cherry

Interested parties:
@mw313 - (narrow width) (MH71 or TG73)
@TtownMD - (E width) (prefer TG73 but fine with MH71)
@Steel28
@Ironist
@JubeiSpiegel
@harki (E width) (prefer MH71 but fine with TG73)
@nickrut (E width on MH71) (F width on TG73)
@bsmw (E width on MH71 (prefers)) (F width on TG73)

Anyone still have interest on this one, so we can then have two GMTOs for the Rosewood Kudu?
And just to clarify, the kudu would only be at the quarters (where the cherry is in these pictures above) so the cherry would be at the toe (so the medallion would look okay), the facing, and the heel.

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think you guys made great choice by going with isham. I don't understand why there is no love for G&G Woburn model.

For me when it comes to a derby I just find the split toe and especially with it's hand sewn apron to be a more attractive shoe.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't understand why there isn't more love for the Wells. Perfect PTB

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't understand why there isn't more love for the Wells. Perfect PTB

For me the same reason as above once again. The split toe especially with a hand sewn apron is simply a more attractive proposition. It just simply a much smarter casual shoe in my opinion.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Poor ryden he has trying valiantly to get the wells done. I saw a unique eg version cannot recall what the model was tbh. Great looking blucher. I loves me some split toes though

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it me or is the split toe extremely popular as of late. I have seen a lot of gmto split toes being offered.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Or another thorpe, would also be a good look.

With my Thorpe due next week, I thought it better to go with a IshAm which is also something I've been thinking about getting for awhile.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it me or is the split toe extremely popular as of late. I have seen a lot of gmto split toes being offered.

It certainly seems to be, but then again I see nothing wrong with that.

Not sure if this is anything unique, as we've always seen a number of make ups, stocked versions, And GMTOs in the past as well.

Last edited:

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes sir join in the loot for G&G @ vmss

Of course nothing wrong with that. It's one of my favorite style. Most of my shoes are split toes for some reason.

My first carmina was a tanned split toe monk.

G&G is a beautiful make though tempting.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Of course nothing wrong with that. It's one of my favorite style. Most of my shoes are split toes for some reason.

My first carmina was a tanned split toe monk.

G&G is a beautiful make though tempting.

The icing on the cake is that it's in a leather with a unique texture and variation that you won't see that often. Or at least not if you don't frequent SF, but still not many opportunities to get a pair in Kudu.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads